Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SINP Application sent - TWP Expiring

SINP Application sent - TWP Expiring

Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future
Default SINP Application sent - TWP Expiring

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice on my situation. I am currently in SK on a TWP. I have a full-time job, and applied to the SINP on 23/08/2013. Received a letter on 27/08/2013, stating they had received my application.

The issue is my TWP is expiring on 13/11/2013, and the processing times for SINP are at around 3 months, which means there is a good chance my TWP will expire before I get the nomination.

I am looking for the best approach to take. From what I understand, my options are as follows:

1. Ask my employer to apply for an LMO right away, and pray it comes before my TWP expires. Then, apply to extend my current TWP.

2. Withdraw my SINP application, and apply for PR through the CEC category. From what I understand, you get the AOR from that within a month or 6 weeks after submitting your application, and then I can apply to extend my work permit. Admittedly, I haven't done much reading on the CEC yet, but went through the CIC wizard and I am eligible to apply under that category.

3. Sit and do nothing. Wait and pray I get my nomination before my TWP expires, and fire off the work permit extension application as soon as I get the nomination.

4. I could apply to change my status to a visitor so I can stay in the country until I get the nomination. This is not ideal since I'd have to stop working.

Two of my friends got their nominations a few months ago. One was 3 months and the other was 4 months. For what it is worth, I am in a more 'established' (for lack of better word) line of work. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Are there any other options I'm not thinking of? What do you folks think is the best way forward?

I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks in advance!