Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone made the move to Canada recently? Help!

Anyone made the move to Canada recently? Help!

Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Nat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really nice
Default Anyone made the move to Canada recently? Help!

Me and my partner are looking into moving to British Columbia. But where do we even begin? So many sites giving different advice. Has anyone made the move recently and can give us some advice please? My partner is a plumber and I'm a stay at home new mum for the moment.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone made the move to Canada recently? Help!

Originally Posted by Nat-Fraz
Me and my partner are looking into moving to British Columbia. But where do we even begin? So many sites giving different advice. Has anyone made the move recently and can give us some advice please? My partner is a plumber and I'm a stay at home new mum for the moment.
Welcome to BE

Hundreds of people have made the move but you are better off doing your initial research using the CIC website and the BE wiki.

With more than 50 routes to PR status, I suggest you have a read of the wiki as it will give you some ideas of the routes. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Initially though, I would suggest either Federal Skilled Worker (Trades) or else BC Provincial Nomination (which would require a job offer).

You can read more here:

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/im...Can-Apply.aspx

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp (no cap for plumbers)

Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Nat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really niceNat-Fraz is just really nice

Ahh thank you!! I'll get reading straight away Thank you!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:39 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nat-Fraz
Also read ITABC website about plumber qualifications required to work here.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. This is all great help