Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

waiting for my iec to come through

waiting for my iec to come through

Old Aug 27th 2013, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

danieljames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default waiting for my iec to come through

hi
i would just like to know if anyone had any info on visa's ive been in canada since june 2012 on iec i sent my other iec in april but sent it to the wrong visa office so it was refused then i had to send it back to the uk office. well the situation i'm in is my canadian gf/ common law partner is pregnant with the baby due any day now so is there any visa except sponsorship that i can go through any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Aug 27th 2013, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waiting for my iec to come through

Originally Posted by danieljames
hi
i would just like to know if anyone had any info on visa's ive been in canada since june 2012 on iec i sent my other iec in april but sent it to the wrong visa office so it was refused then i had to send it back to the uk office. well the situation i'm in is my canadian gf/ common law partner is pregnant with the baby due any day now so is there any visa except sponsorship that i can go through any help would be greatly appreciated
No special visas available to those who get Canadians pregnant. If you were not accepted for the 2nd IEC visa then you must find an employer willing to apply for an LMO. Failing that either get married or do a runner back to the UK.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 12:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Did you change your status to visitor when your IEC ran out?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

danieljames is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i had to go to the states and come back as a visitor as for doing the runner back to the uk her dad owns a shotgun. the company is willing to do a lmo but they have no idea how to do one everyone we speak to gives different information so is there someone who writes them?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danieljames
yes i had to go to the states and come back as a visitor as for doing the runner back to the uk her dad owns a shotgun. the company is willing to do a lmo but they have no idea how to do one everyone we speak to gives different information so is there someone who writes them?
Someone who writes what? Sorry, but I'm not clear what you mean.

When you say 'everyone we speak to', who are the company talking to? The LMO requirements are quite clear if they look at the HRSDC website, they shouldn't be getting any conflicting advice if they just look at that.

Here is the info and forms they need - http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/

HTH, good luck.