Whats life like in Canada?

Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the rough
Default Whats life like in Canada?

Hi,

This is my first post and I was hoping someone could just give me an indication as to what life is like in Canada when compared to the UK?
Is it all work and no play?
I've heard holidays from work are very short?
People also tell me tax is very high?
I have had a telephone interview for a job in Edmonton (I am a Piping Draughtsman) so thats the place myself and my wife would be looking at going, or maybe Calgary.

Thanks

David and Ped
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:25 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats life like in Canada?

Originally Posted by Jib Jib
Hi,

This is my first post and I was hoping someone could just give me an indication as to what life is like in Canada when compared to the UK?
I have had a telephone interview for a job in Edmonton (I am a Piping Draughtsman) so thats the place myself and my wife would be looking at going, or maybe Calgary.

Thanks

David and Ped
I think if u go to the lifestyle section of this forum, u will surely find answers!!
cheers
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the rough

Thanks a lot we will try that forum then
Cheers
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jib Jib
Hi,

Thanks

David and Ped
Life in Canada................All depends on how good or bad you make it I suppose...There have been some positive posts and negative posts on this subject over the months, but you have to ask yourself what you want from life.
Alberta is a Brilliant place to settle (Especially Cochrane), but so are the other provinces. Take a trip to calgary early to mid july this year and experience the 100th stampede, Go to edmonton and shop till you drop, then wonder at the rockies and venture out onto the prairies and you'll get a good feel for Alberta, i love the place.

Holidays from work are short but the public holidays tend to make up the shortfall. Tax is tax and you'll never escape paying...but the biggest hangover to get over is missing friends and family, you'll find a huge difference in cultures away from the "have a nice day" workers to the real Canadians at home. If you can accept the culture and choose friends wisely you'll be fine.

Anyway best stop otherwise I'll have the whats up with us Canadians breathing down my neck.
Good luck in your new life
Regards
frankieforehead.