What next?

Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

ben1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What next?

Applied in Nov, didn't get an aor, but did get a response to an enquiry letter asking what was going on saying I should have had an AOR in Dec.

So AOR in Dec, I guess....

E-client says the interminable 'in process'

What shoud I expect next?

Do I get an Initial assesment letter, and if so does it mean that they have read the paperwoer and on the face of it are happpy with the application, subject to any additional paperwork they might want, medical tests and an appropriate performance at the interview.

Or should I be waiting for an interview request or waiver?

What happens next, guys?

Notice I don't ask when, i know - it's a long piece of string......

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:58 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What next?

Depending from visa post and class you applied under your wait may be anywhere from 1 to 6+ months just for AOR letter with file number, 7 months to 3+ years for initial assessment (IA) with decision about interview and after that (1) if interview waived then final desision between few months to over a year from waiver and medicals or (2) if interview required you will wait 3 to 12+ months for the interview and if successfully passed then timeline after interview as in (1) earlier.

Note that at any time prior to AOR letter with file number your entire package may be returned if not meeting minimum requirements as per definition of application. At any time after AOR letter your case may be refused and/or you may be asked for additional documents.

Relax and be patient. Your total processing time may be anywhere between about a year to 5 years or longer.

Originally Posted by ben1970
Applied in Nov, didn't get an aor, but did get a response to an enquiry letter asking what was going on saying I should have had an AOR in Dec.

So AOR in Dec, I guess....

E-client says the interminable 'in process'

What shoud I expect next?

Do I get an Initial assesment letter, and if so does it mean that they have read the paperwoer and on the face of it are happpy with the application, subject to any additional paperwork they might want, medical tests and an appropriate performance at the interview.

Or should I be waiting for an interview request or waiver?

What happens next, guys?

Notice I don't ask when, i know - it's a long piece of string......

Thanks

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Feb 21st 2005 at 7:00 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

ben1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I have a file number - they gave me this in their reply to our enquiy letter (which we sent when we didn't get an aor).

Hence my aor started about a month after my application date according to eclient.

When I get the IA does this mean they have accepted the validity of the initial case and paperwork?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:15 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, it won't mean that. It will only be an initial assessment with the determination if interview is necessary (or if it is provisionally waived) to continue the process, providing of course that case is not refused on this stage in the first place.

Originally Posted by ben1970
OK, I have a file number - they gave me this in their reply to our enquiy letter (which we sent when we didn't get an aor).

Hence my aor started about a month after my application date according to eclient.

When I get the IA does this mean they have accepted the validity of the initial case and paperwork?