Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What happen to sponsorship before June 28th? And After...

What happen to sponsorship before June 28th? And After...

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:20 pm
Andy Lee

Default What happen to sponsorship before June 28th? And After...

Hi,

I just browsed the Immigration Canada web site checking the new application forms for
sponsorship!

I am a sponsor for my wife to Canada.. That was before the new immigration law
changed. Sponsorship has been approved. Now It is waiting my wife to submit her PR
application.

The new family class need both sponsor and sponsored person to submit the forms
together? It is true?

So.. My case was before June 28th.. My wife should use the PR application forms
before it get changed?

Hope someone with my similiar satuation can answer my question..

Old Jul 13th 2002, 2:20 pm
The Wizzard

Default Re: What happen to sponsorship before June 28th? And After...

I am in exactly the same position, my wife was approved for sponsorship on June 5th.
I was unsure what they would do as regards forms etc, but they sent her the
application package to forward me and it had the old forms in and no letter or
mention of having to use the new forms if it passed june 28th etc. as you say the new
forms and process works completely differently and to use the new forms you would
have to do the approval thing all over again, recompile all the info and stuff and
that would be silly. the website says all desicions and things issued before June
28th are still valid afterwards. i would have had my application in before June 28th
however police clearances took longer to arrive so as it was it was a week or so
after. But i followed the instructions CIC sent me, and im sure they realise getting
together an application can take longer than the 3 weeks in between issuing the forms
to my wife, her sending them meetc and the new law coming out. if i do get anything
back from London saying we need new forms ill post it but i dont see how as new forms
wouldnt be sent to london anyway so we shall see. Drew

"Andy Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just browsed the Immigration Canada web site checking the new application forms
    > for sponsorship!
    >
    > I am a sponsor for my wife to Canada.. That was before the new immigration law
    > changed. Sponsorship has been approved. Now It is waiting my wife to submit her PR
    > application.
    >
    > The new family class need both sponsor and sponsored person to submit the forms
    > together? It is true?
    >
    > So.. My case was before June 28th.. My wife should use the PR application forms
    > before it get changed?
    >
    > Hope someone with my similiar satuation can answer my question..