Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What to do if details change between submitting forms to CIC and CHC

What to do if details change between submitting forms to CIC and CHC

Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default What to do if details change between submitting forms to CIC and CHC

We have submitted our FSW forms to CIC with me as principal applicant. However, my partner has just been offered a new job, which means that some of the details on the spousal Schedule 1 form will be out of date by the time we get to submit the full pack to CHC.

When we submit the pack to CHC, should we just submit forms that reflect the correct position at that time, or should we include the original forms that we submitted to CIC? Do CHC actually get sent the forms by CIC, or do they just get the forms we send to them?

I was hoping that we could keep things simple by simply submitting up to date forms. We're only adding information, not changing anything substantial like Education or Work Experience.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: What to do if details change between submitting forms to CIC and CHC

*Bump*
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:31 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do if details change between submitting forms to CIC and CHC

Unless you are on a fast track you can wait until they ask for updated forms.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, but that wasn't really what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear.

When I submitted the application forms to CIC, the Guidance said to keep copies. When I am asked to submit the full pack to CHC, should I submit these copies - ie. exactly the same forms as I submitted to CIC, or should I update them?

I know that we should read the Guidance carefully, but nothing in either the CIC or London Guidance refers to updating the forms. However, it seems wrong to send CHC forms that are out of date. I don't want to get in trouble by submitting different forms if they need to be identical, but then I don't want to submit out of date ones either.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
Thanks, but that wasn't really what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear.

When I submitted the application forms to CIC, the Guidance said to keep copies. When I am asked to submit the full pack to CHC, should I submit these copies - ie. exactly the same forms as I submitted to CIC, or should I update them?

I know that we should read the Guidance carefully, but nothing in either the CIC or London Guidance refers to updating the forms. However, it seems wrong to send CHC forms that are out of date. I don't want to get in trouble by submitting different forms if they need to be identical, but then I don't want to submit out of date ones either.
I'm assuming you are referring to FSW1 application that went to CIU Sydney? If so then you send an amended copy with the original when you get your 120 day letter.