Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What determines CIC file Transfer? Expert Advice!!!

What determines CIC file Transfer? Expert Advice!!!

Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What determines CIC file Transfer? Expert Advice!!!

Mr. Miller,

I did like you said, posted the requested documents on the 15th by express mail and received on the 16th March 05.let me also mention here that the interview request had listed four possible places where this could take place and suggested that I inform them if I would like to have the proposed venue changed. It further went on to say that once the transfer has happened they could be no change of venue. This letter was written on the 7th and posted on the same day and I received it on the 14th.

Surprisingly I have yet received another letter written on the 10th March, informing me that the file has now been transferred to one of the location listed on the first letter. This is three days after the first one was sent. The letter goes on to say that any further documents or correspondence will neither be acknowledge nor processed. Looking this letter dated 10th March, which I received on 22 March, I sure the documents received on the 16th March will be sent back to me, even though the 60days that these documents would have been received expires next month April the 17th. I have few questions here….

(1) Why should they request for these documents which they do not need?

(2) Is this really normal, how does one expect to receive a reply within three days when the request sent would take almost one week plus days to reach the intended person?

(3) Is there a good reason why these two letters were sent within this short period?

(4) Could this be the same person who requested these documents within 60days, or it is someone who does not have any idea of the 60days period?

(5) The final venue for interview is now LA even though my address is very close to Detroit and New York. Seattle is also not as far as Los Angeles California. In the case of Los Angeles, they are responsible for California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and Guam. What determines file transfer?

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Last edited by SKBT8; Mar 24th 2005 at 12:55 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:33 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What determines CIC file Transfer? Expert Advice!!!

HI

Originally Posted by SKBT8
Mr. Miller,

I did like you said, posted the requested documents on the 15th by express mail and received on the 16th March 05.let me also mention here that the interview request had listed four possible places where this could take place and suggested that I inform them if I would like to have the proposed venue changed. It further went on to say that once the transfer has happened they could be no change of venue. This letter was written on the 7th and posted on the same day and I received it on the 14th.

Surprisingly I have yet received another letter written on the 10th March, informing me that the file has now been transferred to one of the location listed on the first letter. This is three days after the first one was sent. The letter goes on to say that any further documents or correspondence will neither be acknowledge nor processed. Looking this letter dated 10th March, which I received on 22 March, I sure the documents received on the 16th March will be sent back to me, even though the 60days that these documents would have been received expires next month April the 17th. I have few questions here….

(1) Why should they request for these documents which they do not need?

(2) Is this really normal, how does one expect to receive a reply within three days when the request sent would take almost one week plus days to reach the intended person?

(3) Is there a good reason why these two letters were sent within this short period?

(4) Could this be the same person who requested these documents within 60days, or it is someone who does not have any idea of the 60days period?

(5) The final venue for interview is now LA even though my address is very close to Detroit and New York. Seattle is also not as far as Los Angeles California. In the case of Los Angeles, they are responsible for California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and Guam. What determines file transfer?

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Usually CIC tries to transfer to an office that is close to the applicant, but it will transfer to the office which has a lesser backlog.

PMM
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: What determines CIC file Transfer? Expert Advice!!!

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Usually CIC tries to transfer to an office that is close to the applicant, but it will transfer to the office which has a lesser backlog.

PMM

This is a very good point, but because of what has transpired prior to my file transfer. I'm meant to believe this is more then just backlog, they sholud be something going on here.

SKBT8

Last edited by SKBT8; Mar 25th 2005 at 2:16 pm.