Weighing my options

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Jakeybob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weighing my options

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and was just looking for some advice as all this visa business is very confusing to me.

So, my story. I'm from the UK, currently in Canada as a visitor. I have a job ready and waiting for me and a job interview for a different job too. I'm not sure if a work visa would be my best choice though as I'm also engaged and was wondering if marriage would be a more simple way to go.

If anyone wants any more information I will be glad to provide it. Thanks!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weighing my options

Originally Posted by Jakeybob
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and was just looking for some advice as all this visa business is very confusing to me.

So, my story. I'm from the UK, currently in Canada as a visitor. I have a job ready and waiting for me and a job interview for a different job too. I'm not sure if a work visa would be my best choice though as I'm also engaged and was wondering if marriage would be a more simple way to go.

If anyone wants any more information I will be glad to provide it. Thanks!
What sort of job? Has the employer applied for an LMO? Getting married doesnt mean you get a work permit straight away as this will depend on which way spousal sponsorship is applied for. Outland application still requires an LMO.
When does your visitor status expire as an LMO can take up to 20 weeks.
More details re jobs required.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 1:25 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

was wondering if marriage would be a more simple way to go.
Say that in 10 years
Old Sep 7th 2013, 2:15 am
Just Joined

General construction, he's my neighbour and owns his own company. Pretty handy I suppose. :P And no he hasn't yet.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 3:21 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you are engaged and set upon marriage then that is the only way for you to go to stay in Canada but do not expect an instant work permit. That would take many months after your wife sponsors you. If you do not marry expect to be returning home in due course.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 3:52 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

General construction, he's my neighbour and owns his own company. Pretty handy I suppose. :P And no he hasn't yet.
Good luck trying to get an LMO for general construction !
Do you have a special skill in that area that no Canadian has so that you could meet the requirements for that route ?
Old Sep 8th 2013, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

We both want to get married and she is willing to sponsor me, however she has been out of work for a while due to a car accident but is looking for work now. How long does this usually take to process once you tie the knot? Or does it vary depending on circumstance?