Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Experience class with work problems

Canadian Experience class with work problems

Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

bigtimeGreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Experience class with work problems

Hi all,

I've been working on a TWP in Alberta for over 2 years now. I am thinking about applying for PR through the Canadian Experience Class.

I have a problem though. After my first work permit (1 year) expired, I didn't leave the country, and worked unauthorized for almost 4 months. All because my boss told me he'd already applied for my next LMO/Work permit, but he actually hadn't. I was going to have to leave the country and wasn't allowed to be back for 6 months. The immigration officer was really nice though, and after a reexamination of my case she let me stay and issued a work permit for two years.
Now, my problem is, that to be eligible to apply under CEC you must not worked unauthorized.

Is there any chance I can still go through CEC?

Thank you for the help!

Greg
Old Sep 8th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Default Re: Canadian Experience class with work problems

Originally Posted by bigtimeGreg
Hi all,

I've been working on a TWP in Alberta for over 2 years now. I am thinking about applying for PR through the Canadian Experience Class.

I have a problem though. After my first work permit (1 year) expired, I didn't leave the country, and worked unauthorized for almost 4 months. All because my boss told me he'd already applied for my next LMO/Work permit, but he actually hadn't. I was going to have to leave the country and wasn't allowed to be back for 6 months. The immigration officer was really nice though, and after a reexamination of my case she let me stay and issued a work permit for two years.
Now, my problem is, that to be eligible to apply under CEC you must not worked unauthorized.

Is there any chance I can still go through CEC?

Thank you for the help!

Greg
You didn't work for Thomad Malcom did you ???
Old Sep 8th 2013, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

bigtimeGreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Experience class with work problems

Originally Posted by Smudger75
You didn't work for Thomad Malcom did you ???
Nope