We need psychiatric help

Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:08 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default We need psychiatric help

Why are we all so desperate to get into a country that:-

a). Does not recognise our qualifications.

b). Does not recognise our work experience.

c). Does not even recognise our divorce papers, FFS!!!!

The first anniversary of my AOR comes around in a few days time, but I think I've had enough. The more I read about Canada, the more I think that it is living in the dark ages.

The 'better way of life' argument just doesn't work anymore. I can beat my head against the wall over here......I don't need to go to Canada to do it.

End result? Stay put and enjoy the UK. It is not perfect, but at least I can understand the reasoning behind most of the decisions that the Government throw our way. Canadian 'protectionism' is beyond my limited IQ.

It was nice while it lasted, but the dream has died.

Scouse.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 5:39 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We need psychiatric help

Originally Posted by Scouse

The first anniversary of my AOR comes around in a few days time, but I think I've had enough. The more I read about Canada, the more I think that it is living in the dark ages.

The 'better way of life' argument just doesn't work anymore. I can beat my head against the wall over here......I don't need to go to Canada to do it.

End result? Stay put and enjoy the UK. It is not perfect, but at least I can understand the reasoning behind most of the decisions that the Government throw our way. Canadian 'protectionism' is beyond my limited IQ.

Scouse.
Awwww scouse, does that mean you won't be coming ?
What about all the good things? like clean air, lovely scenery, car free roads, cheap gas, safety on the streets, safety in your own home, etc, etc.
Oh yes, sorry, you just have to leave liverpool for all that
Seriously though m8, don't give up now, it is far greener over here but you do have to put in some effort to make it work though.
good luck whatever you decide to do next.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about this. My fiancee was rejected and this has put such and emotional strain on us that it is beyond belief. I dont even want to live here anymore. Canada can bring whom ever she wants as long as they have money. The average person that just wants to marry the one they love always has to fight and fight to get anywhere. Terrorist can come but the regular guy can stay home. That seems to be the moto. I am frankly sick to death of it. I have never been so discouraged in all my life. I understand how you are feeling. I am still feeling this way after a few months. I see people saying I got it. and big smiles.. and I think great for you but at the same time it really pisses me off. I dont mean to offend anyone, but I find immigration very discriminatory.

boyee
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:06 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Awwww scouse, does that mean you won't be coming ?
What about all the good things? like clean air, lovely scenery, car free roads, cheap gas, safety on the streets, safety in your own home, etc, etc.
Oh yes, sorry, you just have to leave liverpool for all that
Seriously though m8, don't give up now, it is far greener over here but you do have to put in some effort to make it work though.
good luck whatever you decide to do next.
I left Liverpool 30 years ago.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

CIC will recognise properly documented work experience and educational credentials from the UK; there are many successful British applicants each year.

Originally Posted by Scouse

Scouse.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
CIC will recognise properly documented work experience and educational credentials from the UK; there are many successful British applicants each year.
The recurring problem is that what CIC recognise as valid, and what a canadian employer will recognise as valid are two entirely different things, and unless you intend to live off a large pile of pound notes stuffed under the mattress, eventually you have to try and convince a canadian employer to give you a job. Frankly though, with the exception of well known regulated areas like medicine, law etc, its not that hard for a Brit to find work here. Certainly I dont think its as hard as you would think from just reading the (usually negative) posts here. Happily integrated expats usually stop coming here pretty quickly after landing, unless they have a problem they want advice about.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Happily integrated expats usually stop coming here pretty quickly after landing, unless they have a problem they want advice about.
We just landed last weekend, and we're (hopefully) on our way to 'happy' integration !
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:37 pm
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that qualifications in UK are well received by many employers. I know of at least 5 brits that are happily working and living here in Canada and dont bother to come to these forums. I have been living here for two years on work visa and I really enjoy the place - but the wait is killing me and sometimes feel a bit frustrasted. It is the greatest test of patience - so hang in there.