Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which way would you go to get into Canada?

Which way would you go to get into Canada?

Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which way would you go to get into Canada?

Originally Posted by G0ldie
To be honest 3 points can be the difference between getting an ITA or not. Looking at all the recent draws they are around the 442 mark. I was on 436 without the IQAS assessment. That is now 444 which just tips me over the mark and hopefully get an ITA on the next draw (fingers and toes and everything else crossed!!!).

It's entirely your choice whether to get the assessment done or not but if it helps and within budget then I would do so. Just consider the timeframe's by analysing each assessor and the services they provide. It would be worth calling them and explaining the qualification that you have and see if they are able to assess it if you are having any doubts.

I printed off all the draws since inception and did my own comparison analysis. There is also a site with those details, (https://moving2canada.com/express-entry-draw/) look about three-quarters down on that page and it will show all the details for recent draws. The draws are always fluctuating but have increased slowly. The Immigration minister (Mr. Hussein) produces a report every year about the programs and figures. It is worth a read as the system has changed a lot since the last conservative government with Mr. Kenney as the minister in them days. After going through all that data I've concluded its just the luck of the draw. I'm thinking it will drop on the coming months but we will just have to wait and see.
It's always better to guide people to the OFFICIAL website, rather than a random Immigration Consultants one.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...vitations.html
Old Aug 8th 2018, 3:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I was on 436 without the IQAS assessment. That is now 444 which just tips me over the mark and hopefully get an ITA on the next draw (fingers and toes and everything else crossed!!!).
I recall your birthday is this month........hoping there is a draw before the big day (or that you've already had it and you're at 444 even being a year older)!

Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 3:23 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I recall your birthday is this month........hoping there is a draw before the big day (or that you've already had it and you're at 444 even being a year older)!

Good luck.
Hi Siouxie, The site has it easier to read and access to all the draws in one place. The official site has all the draw and end of year reports here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html

christmasoompa: I appreciate your concern. I'm on a few eggshells here but super lucky that the IQAS assessment cam through early and without any problems. I've had my agent up at 5am Vancouver time to update the profile and hopefully have it checked and back from IRCC in time for the next draw. The next draw is looking at anytime now.

Do they automatically change the CRS score after my birthday and downgrade it or do you have to tell them? Current score is 444 after my birthday and plenty of grey hair, 439.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 3:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Siouxie, The site has it easier to read and access to all the draws in one place. The official site has all the draw and end of year reports here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html

christmasoompa: I appreciate your concern. I'm on a few eggshells here but super lucky that the IQAS assessment cam through early and without any problems. I've had my agent up at 5am Vancouver time to update the profile and hopefully have it checked and back from IRCC in time for the next draw. The next draw is looking at anytime now.

Do they automatically change the CRS score after my birthday and downgrade it or do you have to tell them? Current score is 444 after my birthday and plenty of grey hair, 439.

Yes, I understand that - but sometimes the Immigration Consultant sites can skew the results a little to favour them getting business (not suggesting that one does) which is why I gave the link to the page that has the official draw results on
Here's previous rounds..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html

Keeping everything crossed for you for your EE profile being chosen!!

As I understand it, the points will change on your birthdate... but if that's after the ITA has been issued there's still hope!
(Do a Ctrl F and search 'birth')
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-a11-2.html
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.
When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The next draw is looking at anytime now.
There was a draw today, at 440. If your agent updated your profile before then, you may already have an ITA!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

neneromanova is an unknown quantity at this point

So, say we go in with 420 points. Is there any way that they would pick us, or do we have to hit 440 to be in with any chance?
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:25 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Yes, I understand that - but sometimes the Immigration Consultant sites can skew the results a little to favour them getting business (not suggesting that one does) which is why I gave the link to the page that has the official draw results on
Here's previous rounds..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html

Keeping everything crossed for you for your EE profile being chosen!!

As I understand it, the points will change on your birthdate... but if that's after the ITA has been issued there's still hope!
(Do a Ctrl F and search 'birth')
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-a11-2.html
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.
When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Thanks for your help Siouxie. Its a great help and reassurance.

I've just looked through the links you've sent and before I derail this thread (with moderator help I may add!), I should be exempt under the birthday rule if I receive an ITA? I've not got my legal hat on at this time of day!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:29 pm
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There was a draw today, at 440. If your agent updated your profile before then, you may already have an ITA!
Yes, I've just seen the update. I don't think I would have hit the mark as the profile takes a few days to update. I will be very lucky if it went through.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 4:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by neneromanova
So, say we go in with 420 points. Is there any way that they would pick us, or do we have to hit 440 to be in with any chance?
It's all down to points, at 420 you've got no chance going on recent draws but you never know what will happen with the points level in the future. As you can see from the link given above, there are over 16,000 people in the pool at the moment with higher points than that, so no need for them to send out ITA's to those scoring lower at the moment.

If you have 420, I'd personally apply just in case (you'd kick yourself if you didn't and then the points did drop!), and then job hunt like crazy, as a job offer & LMIA would get you enough points for an ITA in the next draw.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, I've just seen the update. I don't think I would have hit the mark as the profile takes a few days to update. I will be very lucky if it went through.
Oh bum. Well, fingers crossed for the next draw.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 8:56 am
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by neneromanova
I've been having a look at the pool with yesterday's draw now complete.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tions.html#fn1

The ITA's issued was 3750. If you look at the pool breakdown there are quite a lot of people in the 401-450 range. As the MOD's have indicated they will need to be sent through first. The top three groups from 441-1200 account for only 1751 individual ITA's. That left 1999 ITA's for the grouping in 431-440. The round was based on a score of 440 so that is the top end of the last group. They don't really tell you the breakdown further from that point onwards. Your score is in the 420's. What did you get your IELTS exam? It maybe worth trying to improve the marks to get a better score? The score could drop which I think will happen if the pool remains similar to what it is now. We do not know how many profiles have expired or how many have dropped off or how many new profiles have been created. The groupings from CRS 421 to 1200 is 16424 minus the 3750 for the current draw equalls 12674. It will take only 4 draws to get through that number at the current draws levels if no-one else comes in at a similar level (highly unlikely!)

I just missed on on the round as my profile couldn't be updated in time or I would have got through with a score of CRS 444. I think I will have to settle for a score of 439 on the next draw. My wife's IELTS test could do with much improvement but that will bump up the score around 6 points only. Maybe enough to get through but I will have to convince her to redo the test!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:10 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been having a look at the pool with yesterday's draw now complete.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tions.html#fn1

The ITA's issued was 3750. If you look at the pool breakdown there are quite a lot of people in the 401-450 range. As the MOD's have indicated they will need to be sent through first. The top three groups from 441-1200 account for only 1751 individual ITA's. That left 1999 ITA's for the grouping in 431-440.
Remember though that some people decline their ITA and automatically go back into the pool for the next draw, so some of the high scorers stay in the pool for quite a while if for whatever reason submitting an application at the earliest opportunity isn't right for them.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:19 am
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by crofty82
Remember though that some people decline their ITA and automatically go back into the pool for the next draw, so some of the high scorers stay in the pool for quite a while if for whatever reason submitting an application at the earliest opportunity isn't right for them.
Yes, there are quite a lot of variables to consider that we do not really have much information on. I think winning the lottery maybe easier!!! LOL

The only real way is to put yourself into the pool and see what comes of it. I think its the anxiousness that bears down on oneself to see if you are upto the mark that affects one's ability to focus on the end result.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:22 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

I think its the anxiousness that bears down on oneself to see if you are upto the mark that affects one's ability to focus on the end result.
I hear that. Only those going through this process have any comprehension of how much of a nervous wreck it can turn you in to when you want that end result so badly!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

neneromanova is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't done the IELTS yet as we're waiting to see what Hubbys certificates come back as, as if they come back rubbish, then with 395 we have to really think about the next best way to go about doing PR. Funnily enough, if Hubbys score comes back as only 2 post secondary, I'll have more points than him with 404 due to my age.

It's just a lot of money to lose if we don't get the right score. I know we should just say F it and just go for it. We also have to think about proof of funds as we're cash poor but property "rich" and all our money is tied up in our house so we're now saving like mad people trying to get to £15k($26k) but if we can't, we'll have to sell the house to release the funds but obviously that means moving twice and then if we sell the house and don't get PR, that will screw us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.