WARNING to others re embassy

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough
Default WARNING to others re embassy

Hi Guys

Just a little warning for anyone planning to take the PPR and passport to the London Embassy.

My Canadian wife needed to renew her passport recently and we went to the passport and visa office near trafalgar Square and so when we received our PPR for my visa we were so busy makiing sure that we got the photos right and paperwork correct that niether of us checked the address. The result was that at 2pm yesteday we arrived at the Canadian passport office near Trafalgar Square and the nice lady told us we were at the wrong office.

PANIC!!!

A 15 min taxi ride later we were at the right office, At the back of the queue and not certain we would get in before 3pm. Luckily everything was OK and we get the visa in two weeks.

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS US.

Pond
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future
Default Re: WARNING to others re embassy

Glad you made it on time
Also there are 2 doors on different sides of the building as it is located on a corner.
Make sure you go to the right door.
If you are early and decide to sit in the park, if it is a nice day and keep an eye on the door that you can see from the bench waiting for the que to form, thats the wrong door.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:45 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair all immigrant processing and communication is done through the Grosvenor Square premises so most people won't. It's unfortunate that because of your situation you got the actual main office into your head due to the normal Canadian passport processing. Glad it all worked out in the end, I can see how it would be an easy mistake to make in the circumstances.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:51 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to work at the High Commission (not embassy, btw) in the Grosvenor Square building. I lost count of how many of my visitors went to the wrong place. Taxi drivers will automatically take you to Trafalgar Square unless you tell them otherwise.