Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Canada, where do I begin?

Want to move to Canada, where do I begin?

Old Jul 21st 2014, 8:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to move to Canada, where do I begin?

Originally Posted by luqmans65
remember, you have to be fast as there is a capacity of each NOC that is 1000 per NOC.

and competition, no never, they would not compare your points with other neither your experience, or anything. if you have 67 or more points and you are honest with that i am 100% sure you will go through it successfully. and the eligible result on official result is like you can only calculate your points if that is 67 you are eligibile, PCC at initial stage is optional, medical assessment is not required at this stage, it will be done once your processing gets started at Visa office which is london visa office.

P.S read your inbox.
Unfortunately you can't guarantee success as it would depend if he meets all the requirements and if the NOC hasn't been filled. Provided he does (and gets the application in soon) then he does stand an equal chance but there are no guarantees.

It's always better to post the information on the board so that others can read it in the future, rather than sending private messages.

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 2:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Siouxie

It's always better to post the information on the board so that others can read it in the future, rather than sending private messages.

I agree with this 110%. Couldn't endorse the wisdom of that enough.

Sending & receiving PMs about Immy matters for any country is fraught with pitfalls. Mis-information for one.

It is ALWAYS best to keep exchanges about immigration matters to the open forum .

Originally Posted by luqman65
........yes officially it is 27 months but i know hundreds of applicants who got their visa in 1 year
This seems to infer that luqman65 is an immigration agent. If he/she is, then please could they declare that interest in their BE signature, as is common practice with licensed Immy agents.

If the poster is not a licensed Immy agent , then I find the claim to actually know "hundreds of applicants who got their visa in 1 year" somewhat puzzling.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 7:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
This seems to infer that luqman65 is an immigration agent. If he/she is, then please could they declare that interest in their BE signature, as is common practice with licensed Immy agents.

If the poster is not a licensed Immy agent , then I find the claim to actually know "hundreds of applicants who got their visa in 1 year" somewhat puzzling.
luqman65 is definitely not an immigration consultant (at least I hope not given the 'information' they've shared in previous posts!).

+1 to everything you and Siouxie have said.

Dhillion84, it's always best to avoid any immigration advice given by PM. There are enough people on the forum who actually are experts in Canadian immigration such as immigration officers that work for CIC/CBSA, or immigration lawyers/consultants, and they very kindly give their time and expert advice for free. None of them however, will ever give advice by PM, so it's best to stick to the open forum.

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:57 am
Just Joined

dhillon884 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the heads up.

I've done a lot of reading and downloaded all the forms now. I have to say I have a few sticky points. I may stop replying on this post and ask more specific questions on the forum as and when required.

for now, here are my queries -

I have been through a divorce and yet to apply for Absolute (which makes my divorce final), I can do this at any time so I guess I will do that before applying as otherwise it is VERY tricky indeed if I need to get my wife's input. This should be simple enough - although I don't want them to think "why has he divorced in August 2014 and applied in August 2014".

The financial section wants me to state fixed savings, deposits and pensions but also liabilites. So I have some money but also a mortgage - unless I declare the equity in my property it will show I have much larger liability and therefore negative - even though I have the required amount in my bank account. How much depth do they go in to with regards to financials? For example, student loans and mortgages? Once declared will they want to know my intentions with property etc.?

Finally, criminal record.. I do not have a criminal record, no cautions nor convictions. I have been arrested over an allegation for a few hours and then dismissed as there was nothing I had done wrong. On one form it asks about "been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?". Now that sounds a bit extreme, but I guess I was detained right?

Overall, I think it will be fine with documents - but some terminilogy like that I mentioned above is where I will need help. Obviously I will finalise my divorce before anything as that is my only sticking point.