Waiting for oath ceremony

Old Mar 15th 2004, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

reymond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for oath ceremony

I have written the citizenship test on Nov 04 2003 in Mississauga. We were told that we will receive the notice to appear for oath ceremony in a couple of weeks. Its almost 15 weeks and did'nt hear anything from cic. Can someone tell me how much more I may have to wait before calling CIC. I am also checking on the status regularly on the CIC website.
Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2004, 5:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for oath ceremony

Originally posted by reymond
I have written the citizenship test on Nov 04 2003 in Mississauga. We were told that we will receive the notice to appear for oath ceremony in a couple of weeks. Its almost 15 weeks and did'nt hear anything from cic. Can someone tell me how much more I may have to wait before calling CIC. I am also checking on the status regularly on the CIC website.
Thanks
Not sure if this helps you any, FWIW I sat the test Feb 23 (in Kingston) and my eclient changed over the weekend to "Decision Made". Its only a couple of days since then so I have not received anything in the mail yet, but at the time we took the test we were told:
A: If you fail the test (and how could you!) we will call you today or tomorrow to arrange an interview.
B: Those that pass the test will most likely be sworn in in Late April.(8 to 10 weeks)

Frankly even taking into account varying workloads between CIC offices, I am surprised you havent heard anything in 15 weeks. I would try and follow up with them.

What does your eclient status say?

Iain
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

reymond is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by iaink
Not sure if this helps you any, FWIW I sat the test Feb 23 (in Kingston) and my eclient changed over the weekend to "Decision Made". Its only a couple of days since then so I have not received anything in the mail yet, but at the time we took the test we were told:
A: If you fail the test (and how could you!) we will call you today or tomorrow to arrange an interview.
B: Those that pass the test will most likely be sworn in in Late April.(8 to 10 weeks)

Frankly even taking into account varying workloads between CIC offices, I am surprised you havent heard anything in 15 weeks. I would try and follow up with them.

What does your eclient status say?

Iain

In process
Old Mar 16th 2004, 12:07 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by reymond
In process
Try and get hold of someone at CIC then and see what is going on. Its taking too long.

Iain
Old Mar 16th 2004, 6:00 am
Http://Www.Iamnotamerican.Com

in a recent article, reymond (member20256@british_expats.com) said:

>
    > I have written the citizenship test on Nov 04 2003 in Mississauga. We
    > were told that we will receive the notice to appear for oath ceremony
    > in a couple of weeks. Its almost 15 weeks and did'nt hear anything from
    > cic. Can someone tell me how much more I may have to wait before
    > calling CIC. I am also checking on the status regularly on the CIC
    > website.

Don't stress about it. The exam isn't the final step, there may be
other security checks still remaining and the like. Furthermore, 3-4 months
from the exam to oath isn't abnormal. The 'couple of weeks' is a generic
comment from someone who doesn't necessarily know your case and a 'couple of
weeks' is certainly off base anyway.

Relax, enjoy. Dream about how you will celebrate making your oath.
--
Say "I am not American" in TWELVE languages.
The original "I am not American" T-shirts - as seen on CNN
http://www.iamnotamerican.com
Remove underscores (_) from Email address to reply.