Wacky ecas status updates

Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:00 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Wacky ecas status updates

I was just curious if anyone had flagged up the strange status updates a lot of people appear to be getting on ecas, and if there have been any responses back from CIC?

I know it's been said so many times that ecas is highly unreliable but I can't help feeling as though ecas should just be completely removed if it's causing the problems it is. My application status has gone from "in process" to nothing at all I am trying as best I can to ignore ecas and not check but it's just too tempting
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wacky ecas status updates

I seem to remember when we first applied our status did the same.....best to try and ignore it (yes, impossible, I know)
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

We've disappeared entirely. I do think the system is stressful enough without extra computer weirdness!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:11 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wonder about the viability of a system that has unreliable updates or allows people to disappear off the system entirely for that matter
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:14 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by izzi81
We've disappeared entirely. I do think the system is stressful enough without extra computer weirdness!
I take it no reply yet then? I keep telling myself we'll look upon these moments in a few years time with nothing but humour and fondness of the process we underwent to get our visas but somehow I don't think that'll happen......
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

As Iain is the main applicant I email from his account which I can't access at work. I doubt they'll have replied yet - I only sent it last night and I expect it to take several days to get any kind of reply...
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:18 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by james.mc
You have to wonder about the viability of a system that has unreliable updates or allows people to disappear off the system entirely for that matter
If this was a facebook status, I'd "like" it.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Basically ignore most of Ecas right now. CIC/CHC is migrating it's information to GCMS and you are getting all sorts of funny ecas results. It is even effect people have ordered CAIPS. On the CAIPS report it will show PSDEC and a code 9. Meaning the application is no longer in CAIPS but is in GCMS. I wouldn't be surprised if the teething pains for the new system go on for up to a year.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:54 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

PMM

Thanks for the update.. it puts things into perspective a little more.

Just out of interest is there any indication on what GCMS may offer by way of public interaction?

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 9th 2011 at 4:58 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

PMM

Thanks for the update.. it puts things into perspective a little more.

Just out of interest is there any indication on what GCMS may offer by way of public interaction?
Here is a copy of an email from New Delhi on the situation.

Here is the email that I received for my Case specific enquiry...now makes me wonder if the mass IN PROCESS that all of us got, is also a bug/error!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

"Our office is aware that the online Client Application Status function that is available on the CIC website at this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en does not always give accurate case status information to clients whose applications are in process at visa offices outside Canada.

CIC is working to resolve this problem, which is due to the difficulty of transferring data between different databases.

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our last reply to you.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

IMHO I think that when you order your GSMS notes, you should be able to get more information. Here is a quote from OB 263 (It is on another subject, but shows what will be happening)

"With the deployment of GCMS to a growing number of offices in Canada and abroad, client and case notes will become the most effective method of communicating adverse client information across all lines of business. As per the GCMS User Guide, notes are freeflow text (explanations, rationales, observations, or comments) entered by users to record information which is not captured within specific fields elsewhere in GCMS.

Much like the NCBs in FOSS, notes entered in GCMS will serve as a point of reference for others who may encounter the client. As more offices move towards processing immigration applications through GCMS, information relevant to the processing of citizenship applications will be found throughout GCMS as well as FOSS."
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We have had the same problem when on receiving our AOR dated 18.01.11, I immediately checked the ecas status which said; IN PROCESS - DECISION MADE !!! Of course we went into panic (thinking that meant we had been rejected!) and called our agent who was able to reassure us a little but sent a case specific email to CIC and after about a week they replied saying that
"Due to a technical error, your application is showing as decision made.
Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required at this time."

I hope this helps. It's such an emotional roller coaster so we have decided not to check ecas and haven't done so since, hence I have no idea whether it has been corrected or not.
I must update our timeline to include AOR. Has anyone else received an AOR in January2011?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, the London office have replied to my email query but not in the most helpful of ways! This is what they've said (edited to remove any crucial ID stuff)

"This is in response to your enquiry.

You can check the status of your application through our on-line services:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

In order to effectively access e-CAS, you should ensure that you are entering the information requested in the manner requested. When entering your personal information, you must enter your complete file number, with no spaces or dashes, your full name and your date of birth exactly as written on your application form. Once processing of an application has begun, it is unlikely that it would disappear from the system even in the event of a negative decision. If your file had been closed, you would have been contacted by our office in writing.

Please ensure that you select the “Client application status” link on the right-hand side of the webpage.

If you have a UCI, you may be able to view your application status by entering your UCI under the Client ID Number. Your UCI number is *****."

That's all they said. I know how to fill in the webform - it only asks for name, date of birth and country! I've done it before and accessed my info, so I know I've been doing it right, but now it says it can't find anything. It would have been more helpful if *they* had checked to see if they could access it... or perhaps checked my status to let me know our situation?
Argh...
Second email on it's way shortly!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:08 am
All Sooked up!

izzi81
It has to be infuriating when you ask a specific question plus point out an obvious error in the system records and yet they don't bother to check and simplify pump out a standard reply that has no bearing on the issue. That's hardly a service

e-CAS is whacky (as per thread title) at present so they must be inundated with inquiries way above the norm I would suggest.

I guess your next email will start with...

I can access the e-CAS system, I have viewed our record many times before, but now it has vanished off the system.

Good luck with that all the same.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 10:19 am
All Sooked up!

PMM

Thanks for the response on the new system. Sounds like there are a few teething problems presenting themselves during the transition phase. Not what we want to see but to be expected I suppose.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by izzi81
OK, the London office have replied to my email query but not in the most helpful of ways! This is what they've said (edited to remove any crucial ID stuff)
I applaud your optimism, I've given you karma to counteract the pain