Visitor Visa Question

Old Oct 13th 2001, 8:43 am
Wade Crow

My wife just received her Visitor visa from the BKK office. She sent me a scan of it.
they stamped 2 visa's in her passport, the first one had a second stamp on it "Cancel
Without Prejudice" Seems strange. The second one has a date of issue 08/10/2001 as
well as an Expiry Date of 07/01/2002 .

My questions are this, the first visa with the "cancel" stamp. Any idea why it would
be there? Just a mistake? Secondly, she will be leaving before the expiry date
anyways, but I was just wondering if that means she HAS to be out of the country by
that date, or she has to come here between thoughts two dates? i.e.. If she didn't
come till 06/01/2002 would she have to be out of the country the following day, or
would her 6 months start from the the day she arrived? Just curious, since she will
have to return in December anyways it's not really important.

Thank You Wade

Old Oct 13th 2001, 8:48 am
Wade Crow

Looks like Mr. Miller answered my question already on his last reply. If the visa
sticker isn't really a visa, it is just giving her permission to ask for a visa at
the Port of Entry, then her time here will be decided by the immigration officer at
the border? Correct?

>
a
    >
    >
    >
07/01/2002
    >
    >
    >
why
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 13th 2001, 11:38 am
Berto Volpentesta

The first stamp is one that was not used. If she had never applied = before this
time, it may be that they made a mistake on the dates or = some other information.
You may want to check it.

You have to use the visa before the expiry date. Meaning she has to be = in Canada
before the expiry date. The officer at the border will then = give the length of the
stay. It could be up to six months or it may be = less.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
me a
    >
a
    >
second
    >
07/01/2002
    >
    >
    >
idea why
    >
before the
    >
be
    >
thoughts
    >
be
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 13th 2001, 12:51 pm
Rajesh Nataraj

"Cancel Without Prejudice" is okay, even my passport was stamped with this initially,
then on carefully looking I found the visa had my wrong passport number on it. So
nothing to worry

--
Posted from dubproxy1.net.external.hp.com [212.120.141.132] via Mailgate.ORG Server -
http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Oct 13th 2001, 4:46 pm
Jim Humphries

The visa sticker is indeed a visa which is valid for peresentation at the port of
entry up until the day of its expiry. Once in Canada the holder may stay for the time
allowed by the port of entry officer or, if no mention is made by that officer in the
passport, for 6 months. Jim Humphries, former visa officer

Wade Crow wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My wife just received her Visitor visa from the BKK office. She sent me[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > scan of it. they stamped 2 visa's in her passport, the first one had a second[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > stamp on it "Cancel Without Prejudice" Seems strange. The second one has a date[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of issue 08/10/2001 as well as an Expiry Date of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > .[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My questions are this, the first visa with the "cancel" stamp. Any idea[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > it would be there? Just a mistake? Secondly, she will be leaving before[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > expiry date anyways, but I was just wondering if that means she HAS to be out of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the country by that date, or she has to come here between thoughts two dates?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > i.e.. If she didn't come till 06/01/2002 would she have to be out of the country[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the following day, or would her 6 months start from the the day she arrived? Just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > curious, since she will have to return in December anyways it's not really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > important.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank You Wade[/usenetquote2]

Old Oct 14th 2001, 8:05 am
Wade Crow

This was the first time she ever applied for a Canadian Visa so I am guessing it was
just a mistake...

Thanks for replying Wade

The first stamp is one that was not used. If she had never applied before this time,
it may be that they made a mistake on the dates or some other information. You may
want to check it.

You have to use the visa before the expiry date. Meaning she has to be in Canada
before the expiry date. The officer at the border will then give the length of the
stay. It could be up to six months or it may be less.

--
Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
a
    >
    >
    >
07/01/2002