Visa's received...

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

ZWogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa's received...

once your visa's are received - how long do you have before you have to land in Canada. The reason I am asking is that obviously we haven't even got our house on the market and we don't know if with the current market we would be able to sell our house within say 12 months if that is all that we have. Any ideas would be grately received. Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Visa's received...

Hi

Once you have your visa you have a year to land. However, if your medicals expire before this date you will need to have them redone so that they are valid at the time of landing. You can fly to your canadian destination and return the next day if you wish. There are loads of posts on here if you put in the search box that will give you even more info.

In reality, it is better (I think - only my opinion) to land within a year of the medical as it will save you money getting them redone.

There is probably a wiki about this too. You can find wiki at the top of the screen.

Helen

Originally Posted by ZWogan
once your visa's are received - how long do you have before you have to land in Canada. The reason I am asking is that obviously we haven't even got our house on the market and we don't know if with the current market we would be able to sell our house within say 12 months if that is all that we have. Any ideas would be grately received. Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:51 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZWogan
Hi ZWogan, you will have to land before your medical expires. You cannot re-do your medical as suggested by Rufus. You can land and return the same day....but you must land before the expiry date of your medical.

FK..x
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Hi FK

On the letter we recieved from CIC for our medicals it states that applicants whose assessment has not been completed within 12 months will require a new and complete medical so I am sure you can redo it. That is how their letter reads. If i'm wrong sorry

Helen

Just double checked this on CIC and it says the same?

Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi ZWogan, you will have to land before your medical expires. You cannot re-do your medical as suggested by Rufus. You can land and return the same day....but you must land before the expiry date of your medical.

FK..x

Last edited by rufus2000; Mar 19th 2009 at 11:09 pm. Reason: added info
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:11 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rufus2000
Hi FK

On the letter we recieved from CIC for our medicals it states that applicants whose assessment has not been completed within 12 months will require a new and complete medical so I am sure you can redo it. That is how their letter reads. If i'm wrong sorry

Helen

No need to be sorry, i think thats if your PPR doesn't come through on time and the CHC request you do your medicals again....not you requesting them to give yourself more time. I'm sure thats the case....but i have been wrong before

Hugs, FK
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

it's all too confusing lol

you could be right

Helen x
Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
No need to be sorry, i think thats if your PPR doesn't come through on time and the CHC request you do your medicals again....not you requesting them to give yourself more time. I'm sure thats the case....but i have been wrong before

Hugs, FK
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:16 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by rufus2000
it's all too confusing lol

you could be right

Helen x

Your so right....
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:15 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

It will tell you on your Visa when it expires, although FK is right it is one year from date of meds. I don't think that many people have their meds expire before Visa is issued.

Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
It will tell you on your Visa when it expires, although FK is right it is one year from date of meds. I don't think that many people have their meds expire before Visa is issued.

Good luck.
They won't issue COPR is the med is expired, you either have to have new ones, or London and Buffalo MAY extend them for a month or two.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:35 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=PMM;7399649]Hi

They won't issue COPR is the med is expired, you either have to have new ones, or London and Buffalo MAY extend them for a month or two.[/QUOT

OP timeline says that meds were done in March 09 so they currently waiting on PPR. Shouldn't their COPR be issued long before their meds expire? Therefor they will have untill next March to land or visa will expire. At least that is how I understood it.

Last edited by mclauchlan35; Mar 20th 2009 at 12:38 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

ZWogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya all

thank you for your advice. I guess there is no point in me worrying about it until the visa's actually arrive (if they do - still waiting for PPR ). Hopefully with medicals and PR being received by the CHC now it won't be too much longer (fingers crossed).
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:47 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

as advised if you had your meds done in March 2009, you have to 'land' by March 2010.

you can always return home after 'landing' but you have to live x number of days (totalling 2 years I believe) within canada in a 5 year period or you will lose your Residency Status.

my advice, start getting the house reading now, so as soon as you receive the PPR you can get it on the market.

I've had to land and come back home to sell my house too.