visa's

Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

iwantwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Question visa's

My partner has decided to go back to school in the UK as we fall short on points in the education section on the skilled workers immigration. I have been thinking that it may be a better idea for her to try and get into school in Canada on a study visa, that way we can be sure whatever qualification she gains will be recognised there.
My question is .... as a accompanying spouse would i be able to look for work out there and apply for a working visa if i found employment? Is it easier to find employment if living in Canada at the time rather than applying from the UK and what is the time scale like for getting a working visa?
Any advice on this would be great - Thanks

Sorry if this appears twice ... having real problems posting today
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa's

Hi

Originally Posted by iwantwork
My partner has decided to go back to school in the UK as we fall short on points in the education section on the skilled workers immigration. I have been thinking that it may be a better idea for her to try and get into school in Canada on a study visa, that way we can be sure whatever qualification she gains will be recognised there.
My question is .... as a accompanying spouse would i be able to look for work out there and apply for a working visa if i found employment? Is it easier to find employment if living in Canada at the time rather than applying from the UK and what is the time scale like for getting a working visa?
Any advice on this would be great - Thanks

Sorry if this appears twice ... having real problems posting today
If your spouse is issued a qualifiying student permit

"Spouses or common-law partners of certain foreign students are allowed to accept employment
in the general labour market without the need for HRSDC confirmation. This exemption is
intended for spouses who are not, themselves, full-time students.
Eligibility
Applicants must provide evidence that they are:
• the spouse or common-law partner of a holder of a study permit who is attending full-time a post-secondary institution, which is a also a publicly-funded degree or diploma-granting institution (as noted above); or
• the spouse or common-law partner of a person who has a valid work permit to work at a job related to their course of study, after graduation (under CEC C43).
Spouses or common-law partners of full-time students are eligible for open or open/restricted
work permits, depending on whether or not a medical examination has been passed. There is no need for an offer of employment before issuing a work permit."

PMM
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

iwantwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa's

Thanx for that information Has anyone done this themselves? How did it go? Were you sucessfull in finding work once there?