Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visa on Human and Compassionate Grounds

Visa on Human and Compassionate Grounds

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

gillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant future
Default Visa on Human and Compassionate Grounds

We applied to come to Canada under BC PNP who approved the application for my husband, myself our son 18 and daughter 22 to come as dependants. However when applying for PR the High Commission would not accept our daughter. By the time we found out it we had made all arrangements to come to Canada, though our daughter was doing a year in New YOrk as an intern and studying and we planned on her joining us afterwards which she has. We done everything we could to try and get her included. (She is with us now on a BUNAC Work Visa) Obviously it has been very upsetting for all of us. We have consulted 2 immigration consultants one says because she had been accepted by BC under the PNP we could try and get her in on H&C grounds and the other says no way. She does not fit into any other category. Does anyone have any ideas if she may be accepted. (This is a shortened version of what happened incidently as we started applying while she was just 21 and just about everything went wrong)
If anyone has been through a similar procedure and can give advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:31 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa on Human and Compassionate Grounds

Originally Posted by gillevans
We applied to come to Canada under BC PNP who approved the application for my husband, myself our son 18 and daughter 22 to come as dependants. However when applying for PR the High Commission would not accept our daughter. By the time we found out it we had made all arrangements to come to Canada, though our daughter was doing a year in New YOrk as an intern and studying and we planned on her joining us afterwards which she has. We done everything we could to try and get her included. (She is with us now on a BUNAC Work Visa) Obviously it has been very upsetting for all of us. We have consulted 2 immigration consultants one says because she had been accepted by BC under the PNP we could try and get her in on H&C grounds and the other says no way. She does not fit into any other category. Does anyone have any ideas if she may be accepted. (This is a shortened version of what happened incidently as we started applying while she was just 21 and just about everything went wrong)
If anyone has been through a similar procedure and can give advice it would be greatly appreciated.

How old was your Daughter when you began the PNP process?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

gillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant future

Lucinda was 21 when we first applied but that application got withdrawn as our employer did not fit the criterai. The next application we filed she had just passed 22, but was included in my husbands certificate as a dependant.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Lucinda was 21 when we first applied but that application got withdrawn as our employer did not fit the criterai. The next application we filed she had just passed 22, but was included in my husbands certificate as a dependant.
Doesn't matter, if she was over 22 she would have to have been attending school full time prior to turning 22. I don't think that you will have much chance of any sponsorship under H.& C. I would think that she would have a better chance if she can qualify under FSW2/3
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

What is FSW2/3
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi

What is FSW2/3