Visa Guidance Required

Old Oct 26th 2019, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

lardy1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Visa Guidance Required

Hi All,
I have so many questions so please bare with me...
I have just received confirmation that I am eligible to go to Canada under the MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program) which i am ecstatic about however, i have now come to a bit of a stumbling block as i don't know about the visas for my wife and daughter.
I know that i need to submit my biometrics, do my wife and daughter need to do the same?
Under the nominee program this entitles me to apply for my PR, but i have been advised to do this when i arrive in Canada, so is it the LMIA excempt visa that i apply for? If so, then i assume that i have to wait for a employer code from my new employer as i note that that is require for the visa paperwork.
Do i need to apply for an open work permit for my wife so that she can work?
Do i need to apply for a visa of sorts for my 13yo daughter?
Or do i need not to do anything and just rock up at the airport and when we arrive in Canada we then sort out their permissions when we get there?
Do we each have to complete a family information form or will mine cover us all?
Is it best that i do the applications online and then go to my nearest VAC whereupon i show that i have paid my visa and biometric fees and they just then take the fingerprints and i give them my photos.
I did say that i have a few questions but i seem to be going round in circles trying to find the answers online.

Thank you all for your time

Last edited by lardy1963; Oct 26th 2019 at 2:29 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Guidance Required

My understanding is that if your eligible for the PNP programme then the outcome of your application will result in PR for you and your family and your wife will automatically have the right to work. I’m unsure about Manitoba but definitely in Ontario you have to have an LMIA in order to be eligible for PNP in the first place. Once you’ve had your medical, applied and submitted all your documents for you and your family you’ll be requested to have your biometrics done.

Off the subject but how does your 13 feel about going? I’m only asking as I have a daughter the same age and she’s not too keen!

I hope this of some help!

Last edited by gemmy1203; Oct 26th 2019 at 8:18 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you gemmy1203
I think i just need to wait for the compliance number to be given to me so that i can proceed.

Re my 13yo... she is fine with going as we have friends over there so it won't be like going and not knowing anyone, and as sad as it sounds, she has no close friends here that she will miss
Old Oct 30th 2019, 3:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardy1963
Hi All,
I know that i need to submit my biometrics, do my wife and daughter need to do the same?
Under the nominee program this entitles me to apply for my PR, but i have been advised to do this when i arrive in Canada, so is it the LMIA excempt visa that i apply for? If so, then i assume that i have to wait for a employer code from my new employer as i note that that is require for the visa paperwork.
Do i need to apply for an open work permit for my wife so that she can work?
Do i need to apply for a visa of sorts for my 13yo daughter?
Or do i need not to do anything and just rock up at the airport and when we arrive in Canada we then sort out their permissions when we get there?
Do we each have to complete a family information form or will mine cover us all?
Is it best that i do the applications online and then go to my nearest VAC whereupon i show that i have paid my visa and biometric fees and they just then take the fingerprints and i give them my photos.
Which stream are you applying under? A lot of the answers for the above will depend on that, if you can give us more info we can try and help.

Originally Posted by gemmy1203
I’m unsure about Manitoba but definitely in Ontario you have to have an LMIA in order to be eligible for PNP in the first place.
Not quite right. Most PNP streams don't require LMIA's (that's the attractiveness of them for most as it avoids that hassle), including Ontario's. A LMIA is only required if it's a stream where you have to on a valid work permit in Canada in the first place, before being eligible to apply. But the majority of PNP streams are LMIA exempt.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

The process that i have followed to get to where i/we are now is as follows...
Had interview - got offered a position
Had interview with a representative for the MPNP - got accepted
Was sent a letter of invite to apply for mpnp
Application was approved and we were given a letter to stipulate that and that we can now apply for our PR, however, we were advised by my new employer that we should wait and apply for that when we get to Canada.
My concern is, what visa do i apply for now so that there are no unnecessary issues when we arrive. I know that i have the job offer, and the mpnp acceptance but it is my understanding that i need a work permit too.
I seem to be going round in circles trying to get info off the immigration website.
I hope that I am making sense
Old Oct 30th 2019, 3:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardy1963
The process that i have followed to get to where i/we are now is as follows...
Had interview - got offered a position
Had interview with a representative for the MPNP - got accepted
Was sent a letter of invite to apply for mpnp
Application was approved and we were given a letter to stipulate that and that we can now apply for our PR, however, we were advised by my new employer that we should wait and apply for that when we get to Canada.
My concern is, what visa do i apply for now so that there are no unnecessary issues when we arrive. I know that i have the job offer, and the mpnp acceptance but it is my understanding that i need a work permit too.
I seem to be going round in circles trying to get info off the immigration website.
I hope that I am making sense
That does make sense, but which stream of the MPNP? I'm assuming it's the Skilled Workers Overseas, but if you can confirm?
Old Oct 30th 2019, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

yes that is correct... skilled workers overseas