Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

two or more diplomas or degree..A level is recognized by WES?

two or more diplomas or degree..A level is recognized by WES?

Old Oct 27th 2019, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

claudiuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Post two or more diplomas or degree..A level is recognized by WES?

hi,
I have a 4 years bachelor degree in automotive engineer and i want to do another course/diploma to be eligible in express entry for "two or more diplomas or degree..."
Anyone know if A level diploma is recognized by ECA and I will get points for "two or more diplomas or degree..." or which course/diploma I have to do to be eligible for "two or more diplomas or degree...". The couse must have at least 1 year length or doesn't matter the length of course?
If anybody was in the same situation or know any information please help me.

thanks!
Old Oct 27th 2019, 3:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two or more diplomas or degree..A level is recognized by WES?

Hello and welcome to BE!

An A level is the general equivalent of part of Grade 12 education level - basic high school diploma.. and won't count for anything for ECA purposes.

To be able to get a 2 or more degrees or diploma you would need a post grad or similar academic course resulting in a diploma or certificate - generally a year duration is the minimum.

If you are an Engineer by profession, do you have your Professional Certification? If you wish to work as an Engineer in Canada you would need to register Provincially as it's a regulated profession.. which would give you extra points, if that's your aim for getting another degree/diploma then it may be easier to get your Provincial Certification.

Which Province are you leaning towards? You can see the links to each Provincial body here: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ements/2748/ca
Old Oct 28th 2019, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome to BE!

An A level is the general equivalent of part of Grade 12 education level - basic high school diploma.. and won't count for anything for ECA purposes.

To be able to get a 2 or more degrees or diploma you would need a post grad or similar academic course resulting in a diploma or certificate - generally a year duration is the minimum.

If you are an Engineer by profession, do you have your Professional Certification? If you wish to work as an Engineer in Canada you would need to register Provincially as it's a regulated profession.. which would give you extra points, if that's your aim for getting another degree/diploma then it may be easier to get your Provincial Certification.

Which Province are you leaning towards? You can see the links to each Provincial body here: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ements/2748/ca
have things changed? You didn’t previously get extra points just for having provisional registration as an engineer.

note you can work in engineering without registration but need to work under the supervision of a registered engineer and cannot call yourself a professional engineer.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 2:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad

have things changed? You didn’t previously get extra points just for having provisional registration as an engineer.

note you can work in engineering without registration but need to work under the supervision of a registered engineer and cannot call yourself a professional engineer.

Apologies, you are quite right, I was thinking of 'skilled trades' - with 'automobile engineer' - I wondered if the OP might also consider applying under skilled trades if they had some 'hands on' experience.. other than in design engineering etc., in which case Provincial Registration (as Vehicle Technician or similar) could get them additional 50 points.

The link I gave has links to each of the Provincial Registration bodies for Engineer, each of those has the requirement to a) register and b) what you can work in without registering.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: two or more diplomas or degree..A level is recognized by WES?

[QUOTE=Siouxie;12754762]Hello and welcome to BE!

Which Province are you leaning towards? You can see the links to each Provincial body here.

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I want to get another diploma to have more points in express entry. I am thinking to go in Ontario.What you mean with "Professional Certification"...i have Automotive Engineer diploma from university, it means the same thing??
Will be great if it's a regulated profession and I will get extra points for that. Anyone know for sure if automotive engineer it's a regulated profession in Ontario??
Someone know what course I can do in UK that can be recognized by ECA, I don t want to spent time and money for a course that is nor helping me.
Thanks a lot!
Old Oct 30th 2019, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=claudiuh;12755928]
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome to BE!

Which Province are you leaning towards? You can see the links to each Provincial body here.

Yes, I want to get another diploma to have more points in express entry. I am thinking to go in Ontario.What you mean with "Professional Certification"...i have Automotive Engineer diploma from university, it means the same thing??
Will be great if it's a regulated profession and I will get extra points for that. Anyone know for sure if automotive engineer it's a regulated profession in Ontario??
Someone know what course I can do in UK that can be recognized by ECA, I don t want to spent time and money for a course that is nor helping me.
Thanks a lot!
do you have a degree in engineering? Engineering in Canada is a regulated profession and typically requires a 3 year bachelors degree in engineering and 4 years experience. Many of the roles called Enginner in UK are not considered engineer in Canada. Or are you more of a mechanic? It makes a difference to the programs you are eligible for.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 5:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by claudiuh

Thanks a lot!
Engineer is a regulated profession throughout Canada, in every Province. However, as Engineer Abroad mentions, do you have an Engineering Degree (and Engineer registration in the UK) or do you have a diplome / certificate in Automative Technician, for example?

If you go to the links I provided it gives the information in what you would need to do to become Provincially Certified (registered) as an Automotive Engineer.

If you are a mechanic / technician rather than an Engineer, then you will need to get your Provincial registration for that - another regulated industry - you can challenge the exams by showing proof of experience (usually around 9600 hours). If you are a mechanic / technician rather than an Engineer then getting your Provincial Certificate of Qualification in your Trade will give you an extra 50 points for Express Entry - plus there's a lower points requirement for FSW (Trades). https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/wp-co...pr-23-2019.pdf
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

If you could give more info we'll be happy to offer more advice. I

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 30th 2019 at 5:31 am.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: two or more diplomas or degree..A level is recognized by WES?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate.
My story is like that: I am from Romania, so my diploma is from there. I went in university and finished automotive engineer(4 years). I never worked as a engineer but I working as a quality inspector at Aston Martin. I spoke to an immigration consultant and he told me to do a master degree or another diploma qualification and at IELTS high score ( 8 ) and I will be eligible for express entry. 4 years ago I moved to UK and that why I asked in this topic about a couse/diploma in UK to be eligible for express entry(I was thinking maybe somebody else was in my situation). I don t want to spent 1 year for a course which is not recognized.
If I can get extra points for my university degree because is regulated profession will be great.
Thanks