Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

!!URGENT MEDICAL AND DOCS SUBMISSION HELP REQUIRED!!

!!URGENT MEDICAL AND DOCS SUBMISSION HELP REQUIRED!!

Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Dal_Boy24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default !!URGENT MEDICAL AND DOCS SUBMISSION HELP REQUIRED!!

Morning

I don't know if anyone can help but I was looking for advice, my wife and I have to submit our docs to London office by 15th June or at least we think it's 15th June as we were given a 60 day deadline and the papers we received were dated 15th April....so 1st question would it be 60 days down to the exact 60th day because that would then move our deadline forward by 2 days to 13th June.

That's not a major problem because we have our police checks re-newed, I'll be picking up the bankers draft on Thurs (9th) and the rest of the papers are all signed and I'll be posting them on Friday (10th) so they arrive 13th June AM.

Now comes the bigger problem, medicals! There was a problem with one of our blood samples....no fault of ours (have had them re-done yday)....but it may mean that they don't reach there by 13th or 15th June.

Obviously panic has set in, we're using a immigration lawyer (based in Toronto who's been quite good so far) whom I've rang 4 times and emailed twice but as yet no reply.....I also decided to send a case specific question (was this the right thing to do)....although I haven't had the 24hr acknowledgement email come through yet (do I send again??)

Let's just say I'm stressed and trying to think positive....o I also forgot do I need to send confirmation of medicals conducted with docs to London...because if there's a delay with finalising medicals I may not be able to do that by 10th June (when I post it).

Yep sounds awfully confusing but I know in time of need this forum is a great god send and over to you kind folks .....please please please help me.

Thank You

Dal
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: !!URGENT MEDICAL AND DOCS SUBMISSION HELP REQUIRED!!

Also to follow up about the bankers draft.....it takes 4 DAYS.....yes 4DAYS....when I was originally told 24hrs by the lovely HSBC staff.....so please take note...had I not rang yesterday well my Canadian dream is already hanging by a thread I think and that would have been the final cut!!!! Please be aware especially HSBC customers!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Going Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to all
Default Re: !!URGENT MEDICAL AND DOCS SUBMISSION HELP REQUIRED!!

Have you had your cheque made our in Canadian $'s? Our bank - Santander - did them on the spot while we waited and we hadn't arranged them.

Why do you have a deadline? I'm a bit confused, sorry. When our medicals were done the doctor did everything and sent all the stuff off which took about 4 days from when we had them to the High Commission receiving them. If you could explain a bit more then I might be able to help. You can always hand deliver your papers too if you're worried about the post - not sure if that's feasible for you.

The London office take forever to answer and we found that even when they did it was just a generic reply telling us to refer to the website. Not very helpful as if the answer had been on the website we wouldn't have e-mailed in the first place!

Sorry not more help at the moment
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Going Kamping
Have you had your cheque made our in Canadian $'s? Our bank - Santander - did them on the spot while we waited and we hadn't arranged them.

Why do you have a deadline? I'm a bit confused, sorry. When our medicals were done the doctor did everything and sent all the stuff off which took about 4 days from when we had them to the High Commission receiving them. If you could explain a bit more then I might be able to help. You can always hand deliver your papers too if you're worried about the post - not sure if that's feasible for you.

The London office take forever to answer and we found that even when they did it was just a generic reply telling us to refer to the website. Not very helpful as if the answer had been on the website we wouldn't have e-mailed in the first place!

Sorry not more help at the moment
Hiyah Thanks for the reply...ok here goes....yep bankers draft made in Canadian $ and yep HSBC stated they need 4 days notice when I'd bene informed 24 hours previously....but it will be done and thats the main thing.

As for the deadline we had 60 days from April 15 to submit all of our docs...now this is where I get slightly confused because I'm unsure whether that means the medicals need to be sent and docs within 60 days....or that I just need to complete medicals within 60 days and send docs obviously separately.

I know the medical centre will be posting out medical docs....and I'll be sending mine recorded royal mail next day delivery on Thursday.

As for hand delivering yep not feasible unfortunately....so where I stand at the moment is that by the 60 day deadline they will have received my new police checks, bankers draft and signed papers.

What they may or may not receive within the 60 day deadline is the medicals from the medical centre....although we have had them done....yep little confusing but that where I am right now.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Going Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to all

But why have they given you a 60 day deadline? What route are you applying under, plus you say you've had to have your police checks renewed?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

But why have they given you a 60 day deadline? What route are you applying under, plus you say you've had to have your police checks renewed?
The police checks were renewed because a year had passed and they had now expired and as for the deadline it is stated in the correspondance that we received back from CIC, the route is federal skilled worker.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:19 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

It's standard for CIC to give you a time period to get them the information they require.

However it's more of a " if we don't hear from you within that time period we are going to assume that you are not interested and we will close your file"

If you have a genuine reason ( medical delay for further test etc) then as long as you inform them then it's not a problem.

Just keep them informed

Oh and it's not unusual to be asked for up to date police certs either.

And bankers drafts can be done in a day our were , sometimes you have to find the right muppet to talk to

Last edited by Zoe Bell; Jun 4th 2011 at 1:50 pm. Reason: Added info
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

OK. I have a sent a message to my friend who is going the same route as you, but it is her birthday today so not sure if she will reply quickly.

We applied under PNP and I seem to remember that we did have a deadline, but it was stupid as it said something like within 60 days, but not longer than a year!

I'm sure if you get everything else in on time it will be fine. If it's not your fault and the medicals are on their way then that should be fine.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Where do plan on settling once you get here?
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

OK. I have a sent a message to my friend who is going the same route as you, but it is her birthday today so not sure if she will reply quickly.

We applied under PNP and I seem to remember that we did have a deadline, but it was stupid as it said something like within 60 days, but not longer than a year!

I'm sure if you get everything else in on time it will be fine. If it's not your fault and the medicals are on their way then that should be fine.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Where do plan on settling once you get here?
Well we gotta reply back from our immigration lawyers who cc'd us into an email he has sent to CIC in London, so hopefully that covers our backs now regarding keeping the file open.....location wise probably Ontario (GTA Area)......
Old Jun 5th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Well, I hope you're lawyer gets a better response than we've ever had! Good luck with it all and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted as to what happens.

We are waiting for residency ourselves and in theory it will come in August, (we are out here on TWP's at the mo). We really liked Ontario when we toured around although they have much harder winters and hotter summers than here in Nova Scotia. We have some second cousins in Thornbury, north of Toronto who we visited which was also a lovely place.

Good luck and if my friend gets back to me soon I will let you know what she says.