Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Urgent! - Citizenship Oath without Letter?

Urgent! - Citizenship Oath without Letter?

Old Jun 14th 2003, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Alek is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Urgent! - Citizenship Oath without Letter?

I have applied for Canadian citizenship, and passed the test stage. Few days ago, I called CIC to ask about the status of my application; they informed me that I am scheduled for an oath in a week, and that a letter has been sent to me about this more than ten days ago. They told me the date, place, and time of the oath.

However, I DID NOT receive the letter at all; in the past, I have received info/confirmation from CIC by mail without problems.

What should I do? Could I go to the oath without the letter? Should I contact the centre where I am supposed to get the oath previously?

I am very upset about this, and will greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
A.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know anything about this - I am a Canadian citizen but this happened 25 years ago or so. Common sense would tell me that you should contact the office ahead of time, tell them that you received the phone call but not the letter - I am sure they will just confirm that you should show up at the appointed place and time.

Good luck with this.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

umr77 is an unknown quantity at this point

My uncle did his citizenship a couple of months ago. He was required to show his letter. I think you should request a new letter from CIC.