Update & Help required

Old May 12th 2018, 9:57 am
Just Joined

billyspud is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Update & Help required

Hi all,

i posted a post last September saying i wanted to move to canada and got floods of people offering help and advise which i am so thankful for.

well 11 months on i have ticked some things off.

Saving: as there are 3 of us £11k proof of funds achieved
Exams: IELTS exams pass for both of us @7 for my partner and 7.5 for me
Banks: i have moved all accounts with HSBC as advised they have branches in canada which i can collect card if it all happens that and there a decent bank win win also they keep my credit score or help toward obtaining it
Qualifications: this is where this gets tricky for us as i sent mine off to the university of Toronto last September and not heard a single thing.... my partner sent it to another one which i forgot the name but got it refunded as they do not deal with childcare qualification so we may need to try else where

as we kept hitting a brick wall after brick wall
we attended several seminars and got talking to people and we though we would go through an agency .... we used one called global-migrate after the first £570 payment and paid close to £350 a month after to the total of £2200 i have not heard from them or get intouch or even reply to my emails anymore.. NIGHTMARE! so say the lease

i checked some reviews and yes we was not along and they do it to people daily

so now we are loosing hope as a family turning a dream into a reality

could anyone recommend a agency which dont steal people money or advise on somewhere we could get our qualification assessed i have HND in Computers and my partner is level in childcare

we both have 10 year in our jobs

any more help from you guys would be amazing
Thank you

Last edited by billyspud; May 12th 2018 at 10:01 am.
Old May 12th 2018, 10:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update & Help required

Hi, and welcome back

Originally Posted by billyspud
Perfect. And enough on top of that to pay for everything else?

Fab. If you need to get your scores up you could retake the exams, just to give yourself more points.

Qualifications: this is where this gets tricky for us as i sent mine off to the university of Toronto last September and not heard a single thing.... my partner sent it to another one which i forgot the name but got it refunded as they do not deal with childcare qualification so we may need to try else where
Unfortunately as your partner has found out, only academic qualifications can be assessed, vocational or professional ones don't count for anything I'm afraid. Did she send her GCSE's off too though so at least has secondary education on her ECA?

Something must have gone wrong with yours, at UofT state 12 weeks processing time for ECA's, so yours must have got lost or waylaid somewhere I think! Have you chased them up?

we attended several seminars and got talking to people and we though we would go through an agency .... we used one called global-migrate after the first £570 payment and paid close to £350 a month after to the total of £2200 i have not heard from them or get intouch or even reply to my emails anymore.. NIGHTMARE! so say the lease

could anyone recommend a agency which dont steal people money or advise on somewhere we could get our qualification assessed i have HND in Computers and my partner is level in childcare
So sorry to hear this. There really is no need to use an agency tbh, it's all fairly simple, especially now you've found BE! Even if you do use an agency you'll have to do most of the paperwork gathering yourself, so personally I'd save a few thousands and just apply yourself. Consultants are great for complicated circumstances, i.e. if you have a criminal record or medical issues, but there's no need to use one for a straightforward application IMO.

Don't give up hope though, you can do it if you are determined enough. First things first though, the main thing is (as you were advised on your last thread) checking you are definitely eligible for a visa. So, what is your CRS score (you can just guess for your education for now)?
Old May 12th 2018, 11:01 am
Just Joined

billyspud is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your quick response.

yes anything on top of 11K is for fees

well i have already lost thousands on a dead end and because we took our GCSE back in 2006 ish there useless surely?
can you recommend upload via web or email to get my credentials checked as i hate the whole mail i understand the authenticity of it but still a nightmare.

and ive already done medical and police check a bit premature as they will expire before i get to use them i think hehe

and yes i have call emailed and chased it they have it as i got an email saying the 12 starts from now basiclly but that was November time i just feel they have enough information of me to contact me if there is an issue or require more information that yet another phone call would be told the same thing.... its in the process stage,

Billy
Old May 12th 2018, 11:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

yes anything on top of 11K is for fees
Flights, insurances, shipping, etc, etc? This thread has info on all the costs involved including some you may not have thought of, and has some useful figures in - cost of moving to canada

well i have already lost thousands on a dead end and because we took our GCSE back in 2006 ish there useless surely?
It doesn't matter how long ago it was, even somebody that took O Levels back in the 70's can still get an ECA and points for secondary education at least.

can you recommend upload via web or email to get my credentials checked as i hate the whole mail i understand the authenticity of it but still a nightmare.
You can't just apply online I'm afraid all of the ECA providers have the same process, as you rightly say it's just to avoid fraud.

and ive already done medical and police check a bit premature as they will expire before i get to use them i think hehe
​​​​​​​The medical, yes, you'll probably have to have that redone unless you get an ITA very quickly. But the police cert will be valid for a lot longer.

and yes i have call emailed and chased it they have it as i got an email saying the 12 starts from now basiclly but that was November time i just feel they have enough information of me to contact me if there is an issue or require more information that yet another phone call would be told the same thing.... its in the process stage,
I'd keep chasing, or just reapply under another ECA agency. I think WES is the quickest at the moment, something like 20 working days processing time.

But as said above, your first step really should be checking your CRS score - absolutely no point in paying for another ECA if you aren't eligible in the first place. And we really can't help you further without that score I'm afraid!
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old May 12th 2018, 12:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

i posted a post last September saying i wanted to move to canada and got floods of people offering help and advise which i am so thankful for.

well 11 months on i have ticked some things off.

Banks: i have moved all accounts with HSBC as advised they have branches in canada which i can collect card if it all happens that and there a decent bank win win also they keep my credit score or help toward obtaining it

we both have 10 year in our jobs

any more help from you guys would be amazing
Thank you
Write to Global informing them you no longer wish them to represent you and request a refund. They haven't done any work on your application, from the sounds of it - - for goodness sake stop paying them! Reading their 'no refund' policy, you may be out of luck - but do check that the person 'assigned' to advise you is a registered Immigration consultant - you may be able to work around their refund policy if they are not.

Privacy and Refund Policy - Global Migrate

Find an Immigration Professional | Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council