university transcript

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:22 am
Just Joined

robert_b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default university transcript

Was I not meant to open the envelope with my university transcript in it?

Do I have to spend another £35 for another transcript so that it is SEALED in the envelope???

please let me know

thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Default Re: university transcript

If you were instructed to have university transcripts in sealed envelopes in your update letter, then no you weren't meant to open it. Is there a reason why you opened it? Perhaps you could contact the consulate and ask them, hopefully there's no need for you to pay again.

We applied from Sydney office and they don't require the envelopes to be sealed, but I believe many on this forum from London office have been instructed to have sealed envelopes.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:25 am
Just Joined

hello Ginger;

I am only PREPARING documents needed for a full PR package.
no update letter.

thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robert_b
hello Ginger;

I am only PREPARING documents needed for a full PR package.
no update letter.

thanks
Well, then whatever letter you received, if you're instructed to have sealed envelope, then it must be sealed. What's the reason you opened it?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Well, then whatever letter you received, if you're instructed to have sealed envelope, then it must be sealed. What's the reason you opened it?
As I said I am gathering and collating the required documents needed for a full PR application.
I opened to take a look at it.

Cam back on this site, where i see the words "SEALED ENVELOP" too late, I have already opened mine.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

my university has just emailed me saying that they will send me another one

pheww!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:24 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

our university transcripts were not in a sealed envelope . I was able to see the dismal grades I managed for electronics
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:40 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

there's been a couple of threads about transcripts recently and I'm a bit worried about this now. when we sent in our application, I just included notarised copies of my degree certificates, no transcripts. got approved for pnp, then applied for pr. just recently got update letter with no mention of degree transcripts to be included. I am hoping that because we came through PNP route, that they were happy enough with degree certificates.

don't know - fingers crossed anyway. will let people know if it becomes an issue.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
I am applying for an Alberta Teaching cert. and they have told me that the transcripts must also be sealed. Yet when I enquired with my university the lady told me that I am just about able to get them. Had I left it another year my transcripts would have been destroyed. She strongly recommended that I photocopy them before sending them on!!

Why do they need to be sealed?!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:15 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

In case you get the tippex out !!!

Its not just Alberta , Ontario teacher college wanted the same.

Seems a bit OTT personally
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Yet when I enquired with my university the lady told me that I am just about able to get them. Had I left it another year my transcripts would have been destroyed.
I cannot understand how any responsible university (ie, one that cares about its graduates and the reputation of its qualifications) could do this.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:03 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for a university, and I find that really very odd. Unbelievable in fact!

I think maybe the 'transcripts in a sealed envelope' scenario is to try and counter-act fraud. It has been known for people to try and ammend their university transcripts/certs, or even make them up altogether.
Also, there is the trend of being able to buy a fake degree from fraudulent universities.
I guess the sealed envelope is one step to try and catch people out.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:47 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough

I just sent a certified copy of my degree! that seemed to work...