Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever got passports back less than 2 weeks

Anyone ever got passports back less than 2 weeks

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice
Default Anyone ever got passports back less than 2 weeks

Has anyone managed to get their passports back quicker than the 2 weeks it takes if you drop them off?
We have a daughter booked on a flight and she would need it back to be able to fly.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone ever got passports back less than 2 weeks

I highly doubt it... and I certainly wouldn't say you should risk sending it in and hoping to get it back in 2 weeks.

Can she not wait until she gets back?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

We have just received our passport requests today and therefore have 60 days to get them sorted out. The problem is that our daughter is booked to fly back from Canada to the UK in 3 weeks time for 4 weeks and then returns.

We therefore have a 3 week window now to get the passports back to UK as she needs it for the flight out, or a 4 week window when she is in UK before she needs it to come back.

I wondered if - in a special case - they would turn it round quicker?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi

The most that you can expect is TWO Weeks, IF you hand deliver and then hand collect!

Bob
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:32 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I sent mine off and got it back in just about 2 weeks. I was REALLY impressed.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:42 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sheadboy
I sent mine off and got it back in just about 2 weeks. I was REALLY impressed.
did u go in person or used the mail???
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:44 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I sent it by recorded delivery. taking into account postage times they probably only had it for 10 days or so, because I sent it off on a saturday.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chrisbryson
We have just received our passport requests today and therefore have 60 days to get them sorted out. The problem is that our daughter is booked to fly back from Canada to the UK in 3 weeks time for 4 weeks and then returns.

We therefore have a 3 week window now to get the passports back to UK as she needs it for the flight out, or a 4 week window when she is in UK before she needs it to come back.

I wondered if - in a special case - they would turn it round quicker?
I take it your are based in Canada.... Can't you not give your passports to your daughter and submit the passports maybe with a covering letter informing CHC that your daughter (age??) or somebody older will do this whilst in London for four weeks (enough time as it takes two weeks )...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:58 pm
krn
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sheadboy
I sent it by recorded delivery. taking into account postage times they probably only had it for 10 days or so, because I sent it off on a saturday.
Thanks Sheadboy
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:59 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

no worries, good luck with the tight timescale
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

wellsyke is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife just got one back in about a week using the post office check and send service, which we used because apparently they get processed faster. Have to say I was impressed.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the responses. We couldn't risk our daughter (17) travelling to London and taking them in and back out so we have decided to fly back, drop them off on a Thursday, pick them up 2 weeks later and fly back and go through the landing process at Vancouver.

Hopefully that will get everything all finished at once (if it all works)!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellsyke
My wife just got one back in about a week using the post office check and send service, which we used because apparently they get processed faster. Have to say I was impressed.
Hi
I think the post meant sending your passport to Canadian High Commission for the visa stamp to be put in. The service you are speaking of is when you want to get a British Passport renewed or for the first time.

Didn't want everyone trotting off to the Post Office, to be turned away again. I worked in the Passport Office in Uk for 5 years and Check and send was only for the above.
lol
Stef
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:41 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone ever got passports back less than 2 weeks

Originally Posted by chrisbryson
Has anyone managed to get their passports back quicker than the 2 weeks it takes if you drop them off?
We have a daughter booked on a flight and she would need it back to be able to fly.
Hi there,

the passport offices offer a premium service for renewals where you can take your documents into the actual passport office and collect your new passport 4 hours later. I renewed my passport on 22nd August as i urgently had to travel to Canada on the 24th August. I went to the Durham office - you have to make an appointment in advance - my appointment was at 12 midday and I collected my new passport at about quarter to 4 the same afternoon. If you have a look at the passports website it gives you full details on the various services and costs. Mine cost £114.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:49 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough

we posted ours last wed and got them back today.. just over a week!