UK police certificate from abroad

Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

AP_BDA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK police certificate from abroad

Hello folks,

I am just about starting the process of applying for PR via the spousal sponshorship route. I currently live in Bermuda with my Canadian wife of 10 years and we previously lived together in the UK for 6 years. I have looked at the CIC site and see that I need to get a UK police certificate. The CIC web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-...d-kingdom.html
states that I need Form 3019A. However the Metropolitan Police web site (http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm) suggests that Form 3019B is the one "usually" required for immigration purposes as it produces details of convictions, cautions and warnings, whereas 3019A is for "all other types of information". I am sure (99.9%) that the CIC web site is correct but just want to make sure that I do indeed need 3019A.

A related question is, will my police certificate run out given that I have not lived in the UK since 2003 and do not expect to return to live there?

Also - if anyone else needs the UK certificate, note that Forms 3019A and 3019B are available for download at the Met. web site given above. The CIC page only provides a mail address for applying for the form.

Thanks for any help!

AP
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK police certificate from abroad

Pretty sure the website links are correct. The police reports are issued on the basis of the information you provide and do not really look at dates. The immigration service have date requirements for the actual document. With the UK we had to get 2 different certificates one from the local police and one from the central office. Do not recall off-hand what the particular forms where. The local police web site gave all the necessary information for their certificate and a telephone call to them confirmed the national arrangement. We applied from the Republic of Ireland after last living in the UK 3 years before.

How is Bermuda at the moment? Nearly arrived there a year back but the family entry permit never materialised.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Bermuda is very nice, thanks.... but not for long-term prospects. We've been here 4 years now, and looking at maybe a couple more - but also keeping an eye on the future and thinking ahead about getting the ball rolling on sorting out my entry to Canada. My wife and 2 children are Canucks so I am hoping it will be plain sailing.

Cheers,

AP
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AP_BDA
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. Bermuda is very nice, thanks.... but not for long-term prospects. We've been here 4 years now, and looking at maybe a couple more - but also keeping an eye on the future and thinking ahead about getting the ball rolling on sorting out my entry to Canada. My wife and 2 children are Canucks so I am hoping it will be plain sailing.
Out of interest, were your children born in Bermuda or the UK? And if born in Bermuda, was it before or after the 21 May 2002?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Is this likely to be an issue? One was born in the UK in 1999 and the other here in Bermuda in 2003. The first already has her Canadian citizenship certificate and we are currently applying for the second's Canadian citizenship certificate. There was absolutely no problem getting the eldest's citizenship application processed. Both have UK passports and as soon as we have the second certificate sorted out we are going to apply for Canadian passports also. My wife is Canadian by birth, born in Canada to Canadian citizens, so I thought there was no room for any question over the rights of her children? But am I wrong?!!

Thanks.

AP