TWP and study permits etc

Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP and study permits etc

Hi all

Just thought I would ask on here if someone has experience of my query. I arrived in AB at the end of April 2010 and got an OWP. I got this at Calgary airport on the way in and they added my 2 kids onto it too and paid $150. My OWP is only valid until Spetember 2010 as my hubbys TWP is only valid til then....anyway getting to the point!! We are applying for another 12 month TWP through an immigration company that my hubbys work uses. They said I will have to pay another $150 for my OWP (I knew that) but they also said I will have to pay $75 for each child on top of that making it $300, double what I paid 8 weeks ago. When I mentioned that I did not have to pay for the children on the way in, I was told it was different because its now 'inland'????

Anyone had any experience of extending their TWP and has kids.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 29th 2010, 9:19 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP and study permits etc

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Hi all

Just thought I would ask on here if someone has experience of my query. I arrived in AB at the end of April 2010 and got an OWP. I got this at Calgary airport on the way in and they added my 2 kids onto it too and paid $150. My OWP is only valid until Spetember 2010 as my hubbys TWP is only valid til then....anyway getting to the point!! We are applying for another 12 month TWP through an immigration company that my hubbys work uses. They said I will have to pay another $150 for my OWP (I knew that) but they also said I will have to pay $75 for each child on top of that making it $300, double what I paid 8 weeks ago. When I mentioned that I did not have to pay for the children on the way in, I was told it was different because its now 'inland'????

Anyone had any experience of extending their TWP and has kids.

Thanks in advance
You should ask them to check the regulations because as I understand it, the children of work permit/study permit holders are entitled to study permits to attend school, free of charge. The rules behind it are quite complicated - I will see if I can find the relevant section and pm you with it, so you can show them.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point

hi farjojo
i sent you a pm last week, just wondered if you received it (or maybe i didn't do it right LOL)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resourc...p/op12-eng.pdf

Here you go - page 18 section 5.17

:0)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amy, just sent you a PM on FB
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
hi farjojo
i sent you a pm last week, just wondered if you received it (or maybe i didn't do it right LOL)
Hi

yes I read it...I am just awful at replying lol...sorry about that, I just forget