Wikiposts

TWP people - any news yet?

Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: TWP people - any news yet?

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Now at the six week point (well it is six weeks today since we posted off, six weeks tomorrow since the application was received in London) and nothing, not a word.

I'm no longer anxious, I'm positively climibing the walls and the ceilings. Could be weeks before we hear too.

Hi SB,

omg ive gone bald im sick of waiting, absolutely c++pp++g myself now. how long does it take to send out a letter for crickey's sake!!!

bloody fed up, even spent yesterday tidying out the garage, 1 half = carboot stuff and the other is the skip or for shipping. were doing all of this and im convinced they'll say no!!!

im going insane not knowing

k

P.s when i saw your reply today i was hoping you'd heard, so sorry you havent but had you done, i thought well we'll hear this week!!

Last edited by kmcguinness; Apr 20th 2009 at 3:44 am. Reason: additional info
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:54 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi SB,

omg ive gone bald im sick of waiting, absolutely c++pp++g myself now. how long does it take to send out a letter for crickey's sake!!!

bloody fed up, even spent yesterday tidying out the garage, 1 half = carboot stuff and the other is the skip or for shipping. were doing all of this and im convinced they'll say no!!!

k

P.s when i saw your reply today i was hoping you'd heard, so sorry you havent but had you done, i thought well we'll hear this week!!
I've broken out in Eczema which I've never had in my life. I've even given up on doing anything else around the house I just can't bring myself to "jinx" anything.

Debating whether to email them or not for an update. You can after six weeks.

I have been warned that because ours is an exceptional case it may take longer but nobody will commit to how much longer.

Hope you hear soon, have to say when I saw your name in a reply I wondered if you had heard.

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi SB,
Hope you hear something soon. I find its the "out of your hands" syndrome that is the worst. Good Luck
Tina
You are right, I'm a bit of a control freak (OK a lot of a control freak) and it is the fact that it is in someone else's hands that is driving me insane.

Gah, I'm in a really really cr*ppy mood today.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

I've broken out in Eczema which I've never had in my life. I've even given up on doing anything else around the house I just can't bring myself to "jinx" anything.

Debating whether to email them or not for an update. You can after six weeks.

I have been warned that because ours is an exceptional case it may take longer but nobody will commit to how much longer.

Hope you hear soon, have to say when I saw your name in a reply I wondered if you had heard.

You are right, I'm a bit of a control freak (OK a lot of a control freak) and it is the fact that it is in someone else's hands that is driving me insane.

Gah, I'm in a really really cr*ppy mood today.
i think we should all meet up at CIC London and make our demands!!!!!!!!!

hahha if i thought it would help i would.

i know about jinxing it, im beginning to think i have, try to stay focussed, it wont be too long now.

k
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Hi SB,

k

Hi Kae,

I'm trying to stay focused and positive but I can't avoid thinking as well what if they will say no I would actually want to hear if anyone who applied for TWP which all necessary documents has been sent including meds( assuming no probs) that has been denied

It has been a very stressful few weeks for us.
1) Our house sale still not a done deal as the buyers have re-negotiated their offer after the surveyor made some recommendations.
2) Presently still doing the online courses which are also time consuming
3) and obviously still waiting for our self addressed brown envelope from CIC;

All these stresses has an effect on my current health. My blood pressure has been slightly raised very recently from what it was. I'm also having problems with my vision on my right eye at times it is blurry( have not wear specs before). All these happen at the start of this year. As a nurse I know fully that these are knock on effects of stressful situations. I am hoping that these are just temporary and hoping everything will go back to normal when I'll hear some positive news Good luck and hope you'll hear very soon and me as well
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Now at the six week point (well it is six weeks today since we posted off, six weeks tomorrow since the application was received in London) and nothing, not a word.

I'm no longer anxious, I'm positively climibing the walls and the ceilings. Could be weeks before we hear too.

Hi SB,

I knew that your circumstances is different from ours but I'm hoping you'll hear soon as well. Good luck!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:39 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX
Hi SB,

I knew that your circumstances is different from ours but I'm hoping you'll hear soon as well. Good luck!
Thanks DF.

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX
Hi Kae,

I'm trying to stay focused and positive but I can't avoid thinking as well what if they will say no I would actually want to hear if anyone who applied for TWP which all necessary documents has been sent including meds( assuming no probs) that has been denied

It has been a very stressful few weeks for us.
1) Our house sale still not a done deal as the buyers have re-negotiated their offer after the surveyor made some recommendations.
2) Presently still doing the online courses which are also time consuming
3) and obviously still waiting for our self addressed brown envelope from CIC;

All these stresses has an effect on my current health. My blood pressure has been slightly raised very recently from what it was. I'm also having problems with my vision on my right eye at times it is blurry( have not wear specs before). All these happen at the start of this year. As a nurse I know fully that these are knock on effects of stressful situations. I am hoping that these are just temporary and hoping everything will go back to normal when I'll hear some positive news Good luck and hope you'll hear very soon and me as well
Our buyers have just done the same to us (today) and tried to knock us down based on the surveyors recommendations (this house is 7 years old so they are taking the pee - I was in when they did the survey and I know for a fact some of the things he supposedly recommended were not looked at because I was following him around!!). I've told the estate agents in no uncertain terms that I am not knocking another penny off (we already accepted a ludicrous offer), but if they don't start proceeding immediately then I will put the house back on the market tomorrow. House prices are beginning to rise again and we sold at absolute rock bottom so I'm willing to take the chance, I flippin' furious.

The eczema has really flared up. I have never had that before I can't believe that I have suddenly got it now. If that doesn't prove how stressed I am ...

i think we should all meet up at CIC London and make our demands!!!!!!!!!

hahha if i thought it would help i would.

i know about jinxing it, im beginning to think i have, try to stay focussed, it wont be too long now.

k
LOL maybe a mass meet up at CIC would be a good idea.

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:53 am
Just Joined

AandT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Another nurse here caught up in this.

I had my medical on 13 Feb at Leeds DMP, heard in mid March from immigration medicals that further tests were required due to a slight heart murmur being detected. Got an appointment with a cardiologist (££) to get the necessary tests, these were sent on to DMP Leeds on 2 April and they forwarded them straight on to the medical officer on 3 April. Then ...... nothing!

We have a recce trip booked to Vancouver on 22 May so that we can look at some rental property and schools for the kids, plus husband wants to get job searching, however we don't know if we are in or not and the waiting is killing us too!

I guess we all have to keep calm but it's difficult to do when so much depends upon the decision and so much here needs to be done. We originally wanted to leave the UK at the end of July so that we had all of August to get settled in before I start at Providence Health at the start of September - please say it is still possible - can anyone offer us some reassurance and does anyone have any idea how long the medical officer takes to make their decision and inform immigration?

Alison
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AandT
Hi all

I had my medical on 13 Feb at Leeds DMP, heard in mid March from immigration medicals that further tests were required due to a slight heart murmur being detected. Got an appointment with a cardiologist (££) to get the necessary tests, these were sent on to DMP Leeds on 2 April and they forwarded them straight on to the medical officer on 3 April. Then ...... nothing!

We have a recce trip booked to Vancouver on 22 May so that we can look at some rental property and schools for the kids, plus husband wants to get job searching, however we don't know if we are in or not and the waiting is killing us too!

I guess we all have to keep calm but it's difficult to do when so much depends upon the decision and so much here needs to be done. We originally wanted to leave the UK at the end of July so that we had all of August to get settled in before I start at Providence Health at the start of September - please say it is still possible - can anyone offer us some reassurance and does anyone have any idea how long the medical officer takes to make their decision and inform immigration?

Alison
Hi Alison,

ive just been checking the letter that came from CIC (INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARRANGING MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS) which explained the process for my med requests, right at the bottom it says:

PROCESSING TIME: once the DMP has all the results and posts them to the address in london:

an assessment is normally made by the immigration medical services division within 10 working days....that dept then informs the visa officer of the result of the assessment and then a final decision is usually made within a few days.

if after this time you wish to enquire as to the staus of your application please provide the DMP name, date results were sent, method of mailing and the tracking / reference number.

that means as mine were delivered on 14th april i need to wait until 5 may before i am able to contact them....AS I STILL HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING!!!.

kae
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:08 am
In limbo!

Hi Alison,

ive just been checking the letter that came from CIC (INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARRANGING MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS) which explained the process for my med requests, right at the bottom it says:

PROCESSING TIME: once the DMP has all the results and posts them to the address in london:

an assessment is normally made by the immigration medical services division within 10 working days....that dept then informs the visa officer of the result of the assessment and then a final decision is usually made within a few days.

if after this time you wish to enquire as to the staus of your application please provide the DMP name, date results were sent, method of mailing and the tracking / reference number.

that means as mine were delivered on 14th april i need to wait until 5 may before i am able to contact them....AS I STILL HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING!!!.

kae
That is interesting, at least you have a target date there which isn't too far away and way before your flights are booked for. Fingers crossed it comes through for you on time.

Me? Still not heard a dicky bird, debating the merits of contacting them but think I will sit on my hands until next week before starting to chase them - don't know if I'm doing right for doing wrong with that.

Hi all

Alison
Hi Alison,

Not a nurse so a different process than you but wishing you all the best and I hope you hear something soon. Maybe you can work out the dates based on what Kae has just posted?

Keep coming on here we are all pulling our hair out together.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

That is interesting, at least you have a target date there which isn't too far away and way before your flights are booked for. Fingers crossed it comes through for you on time.

Me? Still not heard a dicky bird, debating the merits of contacting them but think I will sit on my hands until next week before starting to chase them - don't know if I'm doing right for doing wrong with that.

Hi SB- yes, ive just come across it whilst going through this ever increasing in size folder of ours, i presume its a standard letter that everyone gets but its there in black and white on the back page.

with everything crossed im still hoping it will be here in time.

i feel like ive got OCD, i check the post with my mum everyday...i think im getting on her nerves now!

Hi Alison,

Not a nurse so a different process than you but wishing you all the best and I hope you hear something soon. Maybe you can work out the dates based on what Kae has just posted?

Keep coming on here we are all pulling our hair out together.
Alison, if you still have your med request letter, just check it against what i have said.

you should be able to contact them on monday (ish) going of the dates you have put
kae
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

AandT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kae, thanks for the info

I read that bit as well, if our results were sent by DMP on 3 April, then allowing for the 10 working days that takes us to today. Perhaps I was being optimistic but did think that it would be up to 10 working days, obviously it isn't! Last night I did email the CIC on the request an update link and they (amazingly) replied really quickly - unfortunately to say that they have not received anything from the medical officer yet, so that's where the bottleneck is.

I may well chase them if I don't hear in the next week - the bit that is a bit woolly is the last bit "within a few days!"

I think I need a large drink! It seems a long time since the medical in February.

Alison
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kae, thanks for the info

I read that bit as well, if our results were sent by DMP on 3 April, then allowing for the 10 working days that takes us to today. Perhaps I was being optimistic but did think that it would be up to 10 working days, obviously it isn't! Last night I did email the CIC on the request an update link and they (amazingly) replied really quickly - unfortunately to say that they have not received anything from the medical officer yet, so that's where the bottleneck is.

I may well chase them if I don't hear in the next week - the bit that is a bit woolly is the last bit "within a few days!"

I think I need a large drink! It seems a long time since the medical in February.

Alison
Hi A and T,

glad someone else can confirm, the thing that is driving me mad is knowing that someone there at cic will have almost made a decision on my application, after 10days they expect you to wait another few days and then and only then consider contacting them!!!! do they realise ive grown old, grey and now nearly bald with all this waiting!!!!!!!!!!

im pleased that they replied to you very quickly, at least they did that and if they have heard but didnt want to confirm that to you it may well be that it spurs them into posting your result out....lets hope it does, best of luck

here's to waiting

kae
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:36 pm
In limbo!

Default ***UPDATE***

I have had an email requesting more information and giving me 60 days to submit or the file will be closed. They asked for two key things really.

Luckily most of the information is easy to pull together but of course the biggest thing isn't and may take a few weeks.

I feel really sick right now and panicking like crazy.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: ***UPDATE***

I have had an email requesting more information and giving me 60 days to submit or the file will be closed. They asked for two key things really.

Luckily most of the information is easy to pull together but of course the biggest thing isn't and may take a few weeks.

I feel really sick right now and panicking like crazy.
Hey that is good that you have heard...finally, remember what you was saying about all that bloody waiting and you did say your application wasnt straight forward....

channel all your reserves if ya have any left!! into the next few weeks getting the major item sorted out...you can do it you know you can and after all that bloody waiting...you cant fall at the last hurdle!!!

see the sickness as a good thing cos your almost there..stay calm !! and focus on what they want from you..you know it will be worth it..

go on girl, sock it to em!!

good luck

i hope i hear soon

kae
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:08 am
In limbo!

Default Re: ***UPDATE***

Hey that is good that you have heard...finally, remember what you was saying about all that bloody waiting and you did say your application wasnt straight forward....

channel all your reserves if ya have any left!! into the next few weeks getting the major item sorted out...you can do it you know you can and after all that bloody waiting...you cant fall at the last hurdle!!!

see the sickness as a good thing cos your almost there..stay calm !! and focus on what they want from you..you know it will be worth it..

go on girl, sock it to em!!

good luck

i hope i hear soon

kae
Thanks Kae, I just feel completely drained today for some reason, it took me four months to prepare all the documentation although I had a hunch they would ask for this and asked my OH to get it prepared - but of course the one thing I have been nagging him to do he hasn't done, typical.

I know I should be grateful it is all progressing but it now looks as if we are heading for a delay of up to three and a half months which means we could be homeless (literally) and still not have an answer which is not an ideal and smashes out of the water all our plans to be there early July.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you that you hear soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.