Wikiposts

TWP people - any news yet?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TWP people - any news yet?

Kae
I hope this all works out well for you, it must be nerve wracking not knowing and having so much planned. I hope that you hear very very soon from CHC.

Best of luck
Mandy & Kev
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:12 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
what makes it worse is having got our flights booked

I phoned the DMP today to get my tracking code for the recorded delivery from my medical info.....she said dont bother checking yet it takes 7 weeks:curse::curse::curse:

at first i thought she meant the package...duh then i felt sick that we may miss our flights and lose the money

and yes...it is my fault if we do...im hoping, praying and keeping everything crossd that that piece of paper arrives before june 12th

kae

Oh no! Have to say I did think I remembered reading that it takes a good while if you have to have medicals. Let me see if I can find the link for you.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:15 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Kae,

Not good news I'm afraid.

A medical examination can add over three months to the time it takes to process your application.
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/mission...-apres-eng.asp

Sorry.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Kae,

Not good news I'm afraid.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/mission...-apres-eng.asp

Sorry.
OHHHHHHH crap!!

i knew i would need a medical as my job is in health care, so i'm just hoping that the letter that lovely officer IS going to issue arrives BEFORE 12th june then we can still fly out.

hurry up mr officer!!!!!!!!!!!!

my medical RESULTs were posted by recorded delivery last thursday...so i'm guessing (and nervously hoping) that my letter may still arrive by june 12th... what do you think?

k

Last edited by kmcguinness; Apr 15th 2009 at 8:39 am.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:40 am
In limbo!

OHHHHHHH crap!!

i knew i would need a medical as my job is in health care, so i'm just hoping that the letter that lovely officer IS going to issue arrives BEFORE 12th june then we can still fly out.

my medical RESULTs were posted by recorded delivery last thursday...so i'm guessing (and nervously hoping) that my letter may still arrive by june 12th... what do you think?

k
Still got two months before your flight so fingers crossed it may come through in time.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Still got two months before your flight so fingers crossed it may come through in time.
am i right in thinking that they will just send a letter- i think thats how i read your link..or will they want my passport?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trophy
Kae
I hope this all works out well for you, it must be nerve wracking not knowing and having so much planned. I hope that you hear very very soon from CHC.

Best of luck
Mandy & Kev
thanks trophy,

though all my plans were going swimmingly, till now..hope i havent stuffed it up completely!!!!

im really worried now

kae
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Kae
try not to worry too much. I was very positive and everything was going swimmingly then I had a bit of a blip, putting us back by about 12 weeks. It is easy to say but, we didn't have the expense of having flights etc booked.

I am sure it will all work out well for you.
best wishes
Mandy
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:05 am
In limbo!

am i right in thinking that they will just send a letter- i think thats how i read your link..or will they want my passport?
That seems to be what they are saying. That you get a letter of approval to hand in at the immigration at the airport.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

what makes it worse is having got our flights booked

I phoned the DMP today to get my tracking code for the recorded delivery from my medical info.....she said dont bother checking yet it takes 7 weeks:curse::curse::curse:

at first i thought she meant the package...duh then i felt sick that we may miss our flights and lose the money

and yes...it is my fault if we do...im hoping, praying and keeping everything crossd that that piece of paper arrives before june 12th

kae
Hi Kae,

I know how you feel but don't feel let down yourself. You've come this far and I'm sure it's just a small hiccup. Just ring your DMP or give her a surprise visit (that's what we've done) asked them the tracking number. They are probably trying to send the med results in bulk so that they can save more money.

I knew that I've said that our med results was sent on the 06/04/09 but we were not convinced unless we get the tracking number. When we were told that we don't have problems with our meds we become a bit impatient. Anyway, the kids would like to go Diggerland in Durham last week so we booked for a 2 nights hotel in Newcastle and the second day we've said why not see our DMP in Newcastle since we're already because we called the clinic and was told that he was on holiday and back on that day. So dropped by and we've waited nearly an hour as the clinic were busy and then my wife was seen by our DMP and was told that our results was already sent on 06/04/09 but she didn't left the clinic without the tracking number. Armed with the tracking number we then checked it on royal mail website and showed that it was received on the 07/04/09. We felt relieved and just need to wait I guess.

You'll have all the right to know the tracking number. Good luck and hope you'll get it sorted!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

OHHHHHHH crap!!

k
Think positive Kae and hopefully you'll be fine! I knew that it says having a medical will take additional 2-3 months of the whole process.

We have a friend (who's also a nurse) who move to Alberta last February this year have received their letter from CIC 3 weeks from when the med results received by CIC. So I'm hoping fingers crossed that we'll hear something before the end of this month or mid May.

We have not resigned our jobs yet as we can't just risk not knowing if we're definitely going, especially in this very difficult economic situation.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX
Hi Kae,

I know how you feel but don't feel let down yourself. You've come this far and I'm sure it's just a small hiccup. Just ring your DMP or give her a surprise visit (that's what we've done) asked them the tracking number. They are probably trying to send the med results in bulk so that they can save more money.

I knew that I've said that our med results was sent on the 06/04/09 but we were not convinced unless we get the tracking number. When we were told that we don't have problems with our meds we become a bit impatient. Anyway, the kids would like to go Diggerland in Durham last week so we booked for a 2 nights hotel in Newcastle and the second day we've said why not see our DMP in Newcastle since we're already because we called the clinic and was told that he was on holiday and back on that day. So dropped by and we've waited nearly an hour as the clinic were busy and then my wife was seen by our DMP and was told that our results was already sent on 06/04/09 but she didn't left the clinic without the tracking number. Armed with the tracking number we then checked it on royal mail website and showed that it was received on the 07/04/09. We felt relieved and just need to wait I guess.

You'll have all the right to know the tracking number. Good luck and hope you'll get it sorted!
Hi DF,

well all i can say is there is nothing like flying by the seat of your pants...i'm so annoyed with myself...but

i did ring the DMP, got the tracking number and it was delivered to london on 14/4/09..i tried to see who had signed for it etc etc on the royal mail site but its asking me to wait upto 5 working days to get this info from the site.

at least i know they have it...so hurry up and open it and deal with my request...arrrgghhhhh.

always been known for my impatience...hope it doesnt make me regret it.

if your friend (the nurse in alberta) got her letter through 3 weeks after they got her info..then i'm praying i should be okay...so with that in mind i am going to wait !!! for another 4 weeks and if i have not got a letter by then i shall contact them, i do not want to be having to change the flights, not cos of the cost but i know that the particular flight we are on has got the pets booked on it to.

would just like to thank you for your continued support.

kae
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys

just wanted to thank you all for your postings of support this last few days.

i know that london has my med results (as per my previous posting) so i just have to keep everything crossed and if i get my letter in time, learn not to do anything like this again

got robinsons shipping coming tomorrow and crown (leeds) on 27th.

spent most of the week sorting stuff out and have to say im amazed at how much stuff is going to carboot

i finish work 6 weeks tomorrow

so i am hoping, praying and pleading that my letter comes because i dont want to be posting to you all that it hasnt ...im staying positive cos im not thinking about wot if it doesnt.

good luck to all waiting.

kae
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:16 am
In limbo!

Now at the six week point (well it is six weeks today since we posted off, six weeks tomorrow since the application was received in London) and nothing, not a word.

I'm no longer anxious, I'm positively climibing the walls and the ceilings. Could be weeks before we hear too.

Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Now at the six week point (well it is six weeks today since we posted off, six weeks tomorrow since the application was received in London) and nothing, not a word.

I'm no longer anxious, I'm positively climibing the walls and the ceilings. Could be weeks before we hear too.

Hi SB,
Hope you hear something soon. I find its the "out of your hands" syndrome that is the worst. Good Luck
Tina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.