Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP paperwork Arrived! /spouse able to travel?

TWP paperwork Arrived! /spouse able to travel?

Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:54 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP paperwork Arrived! /spouse able to travel?

hi all

we've been sweating like mad waiting for paperwork and it finally arrived yesterday! Am slightly shell-shocked to say the least and bursting with excitement!

We have a letter for hubby (it's him we applied for TWP for) and a letter for little man, who will be going to school out there but they've not said anything about me? Is this normal? I was on the application forms just as an accompanying spouse only so I didn't need anything necessarily, just wanted to see in writting from them that it's ok for us to all travel together.

Is this normal?

Thanks and still very very excited!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:54 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP paperwork Arrived! /spouse able to travel?

Do you mean you have recieved your LMO?

I traveled with my hubby on his LMO I was not mentioned on any docs at all, as wifes we just tag along. They gave me an open work permit at POE.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:25 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque
Do you mean you have recieved your LMO?

I traveled with my hubby on his LMO I was not mentioned on any docs at all, as wifes we just tag along. They gave me an open work permit at POE.
Ahhhh - fab. We had our LMO back in May for hubby (who is a plumber) and I applied to London for our TWP which they have now comfirmed is all ok and we are clear to travel - I was just concerned it made no mention of a spouse travelling with him, but hubby and son (who's only 5 but will be going to school there) both got their own letters.
Just got a little unnerved, but it sounds fine from what you've said. Thanks everso and look forward to joining the ON posse!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Ahhhh - fab. We had our LMO back in May for hubby (who is a plumber) and I applied to London for our TWP which they have now comfirmed is all ok and we are clear to travel - I was just concerned it made no mention of a spouse travelling with him, but hubby and son (who's only 5 but will be going to school there) both got their own letters.
Just got a little unnerved, but it sounds fine from what you've said. Thanks everso and look forward to joining the ON posse!
Good luck with the move out.

We got our WP at POE we didnt apply via London - its a bit nervy sitting on the plane though wondering if you are going to get it when you land.

Where are you going to live when you get here, when are you coming out.....sorry lots of questions
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:57 pm
Eager Beaver!

Thanks everso - crickey, you must have nerves of steel doing it at POE

Well done you for doing it! We're going to live around Westborough in Ottawa - hoping to come out 14 or 21 Sept and just looking at flights now - seem really expensive! I never did understand why it was more expensive 1 way that return!?
Where abouts do you live? When did you move out and where from? Are you still on a WP?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Thanks everso - crickey, you must have nerves of steel doing it at POE

Well done you for doing it! We're going to live around Westborough in Ottawa - hoping to come out 14 or 21 Sept and just looking at flights now - seem really expensive! I never did understand why it was more expensive 1 way that return!?
Where abouts do you live? When did you move out and where from? Are you still on a WP?
Flights are expensive - they always get you on a one way flight, I think it may be they are worried they wont fill the seat on the return so they charge a premium.

We are in Burlington, we have been here since May this year. We are still on WP, although I did take all our paper work to the lawyer yesterday to get PR app going.

Not long for you then is it? just a couple of weeks, I bet you are excited, nervous, worried, tearfull, it will get worse as the day comes closer. We have all been through it.

PM if there is anything I can help you with.

Good luck - hope they dont sting you too much on the flights!!

Forgot to say my in-laws live in Bournemouth

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Aug 26th 2009 at 1:38 pm. Reason: Edit - PS
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:36 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque
Flights are expensive - they always get you on a one way flight, I think it may be they are worried they wont fill the seat on the return so they charge a premium.

We are in Burlington, we have been here since May this year. We are still on WP, although I did take all our paper work to the lawyer yesterday to get PR app going.

Not long for you then is it? just a couple of weeks, I bet you are excited, nervous, worried, tearfull, it will get worse as the day comes closer. We have all been through it.

PM if there is anything I can help you with.

Good luck - hope they dont sting you too much on the flights!!

Forgot to say my in-laws live in Bournemouth

thanks so much - you are really kind fingers crossed on your PR application - crickey, in-laws in Bournemouth eh? mine too - are you from Bmth too?