TWP in Ontario

Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

dicover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP in Ontario

Hi all,
How can I go about getting a TWP from inside Canada? We have come over and rented a place, basically to visit my parents, who we have not seen for years.We intended to stay around 3 months.We got our passports stamped at Toronto so we can stay 6 months.Due to unforseen health problems on my fathers part, I think it might be best to try and stay longer.I do not need to go to work, We have funds to last us at least 18months if needed.BUT, I would like/need my children to go to school, so have to get a TWP to allow this.(or pay nearly $10,000 each per yr). If I moved my parents "IN" with us, would that give me caregiver status? ANY help would be much appreciated.I dont want to go back to UK and then something happen to dad.
Thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP in Ontario

Originally Posted by dicover
Hi all,
How can I go about getting a TWP from inside Canada? We have come over and rented a place, basically to visit my parents, who we have not seen for years.We intended to stay around 3 months.We got our passports stamped at Toronto so we can stay 6 months.Due to unforseen health problems on my fathers part, I think it might be best to try and stay longer.I do not need to go to work, We have funds to last us at least 18months if needed.BUT, I would like/need my children to go to school, so have to get a TWP to allow this.(or pay nearly $10,000 each per yr). If I moved my parents "IN" with us, would that give me caregiver status? ANY help would be much appreciated.I dont want to go back to UK and then something happen to dad.
Thanks.
Start off by extending your visa. You find all the info for that here:

http://cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Then scour the internet for work.

Of all applications I have sent out I have had best luck through http://toronto.craigslist.com and been called to more interviews at jobs posted there in comparison to jobs posted on Monster.

Talk to an immigration lawyer/consultant about live-in caregiver. I wouldn't even know where to start on that one.

Good luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

dicover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP in Ontario

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I have a job on offer, just have to go to the LMO now?

Dont really need to work to live, we are lucky enough to have our own income from the UK, but it seems to be the only way to get the kids in school.I dont see this being a perm move to Canada (never say never though), but just now need to stay a while longer.I was told the other day I could go to a border and get a TWP there, but how complicated is that? If I were to go, they might not let me back in??

Am looking at going to a lawyer in London this week, see what he recommends.