Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any experience of Medicals in Liverpool or Manchester

Any experience of Medicals in Liverpool or Manchester

Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough
Default Any experience of Medicals in Liverpool or Manchester

Hello All,
Sorry if this sounds like a lame question, does anyone have experience of having their medicals in either Liverpool or Manchester, I am trying to reassure my family that they will be fine, (mass panic at the moment over this) so am turning to those of you who have been there to reassure them it will be fine.

Thanks in advance for your help

Simon:

Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:31 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any experience of Medicals in Liverpool or Manchester

Hi - I had mine done at Cheetham HIll in Manchester. No problems all went fine MOT and bloods done at the surgery ( easy to find) very pleasant and friendly service. Then went to Manchester Hosp for Xray - taxi provided by the surgery to and from the Hospital to avoid parking issues ( i left my car at the surgery)

There is a thread under immigration called - Medicals your experience ( or similar) you may find that useful
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

StefkeUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hi - I had mine done at Cheetham HIll in Manchester. No problems all went fine MOT and bloods done at the surgery ( easy to find) very pleasant and friendly service. Then went to Manchester Hosp for Xray - taxi provided by the surgery to and from the Hospital to avoid parking issues ( i left my car at the surgery)

There is a thread under immigration called - Medicals your experience ( or similar) you may find that useful
Hello,

That's good to know. I live close to cheethan Hill. I could even take the bus.
How did you find them ? is there a list provided by CHC ?

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:08 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by StefkeUK
Hello,

That's good to know. I live close to cheethan Hill. I could even take the bus.
How did you find them ? is there a list provided by CHC ?

Thanks
Hiya

yes the CHC send you paperwork telling you you need a medical with the papers to take to the medical with you - the CHC website ( Canadain website) has a list of DMP's also - infact I think it refers you to the website to check the list - The New Collegiate Medical Centre on Cheetham Hill is the one I used
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

StefkeUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hiya

yes the CHC send you paperwork telling you you need a medical with the papers to take to the medical with you - the CHC website ( Canadain website) has a list of DMP's also - infact I think it refers you to the website to check the list - The New Collegiate Medical Centre on Cheetham Hill is the one I used
hello

Spot on. Only over a mile from were we live. Don't even need to drive, bus will do. Any idea of the cost for a couple, no children?

thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simon and Susanne
Hello All,
Sorry if this sounds like a lame question, does anyone have experience of having their medicals in either Liverpool or Manchester, I am trying to reassure my family that they will be fine, (mass panic at the moment over this) so am turning to those of you who have been there to reassure them it will be fine.

Thanks in advance for your help

Simon:

I had my medical done at Altrincham Medical centre. It was no problem at all and I was worried! The Doctors seem nice. She started by asking questions about any past illnesses etc then did weight and height. She then took blood pressure and blood and felt tummy etc. Took 15 mins if that. Then went to St Johns in Manchester for x-rays again very easy and doc gave directions etc but its a road off Deansagate so easy to find anyway and car parking available on that road. In there max 30 mins most of that was just waiting as x-ray took 2 mins.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:26 pm
is Happy

Originally Posted by StefkeUK
hello

Spot on. Only over a mile from were we live. Don't even need to drive, bus will do. Any idea of the cost for a couple, no children?

thanks
Hiya - hmmm as I remember it - price per person for adults - £150 for the medical and £46 for the xray ( x-ray payable at the Hospital in the office which is right next to the xray dept) if a Hep C test is indicated its an extra £50 - lol I had the Hep C test as 1) I work with heroin users and 2) I have "multiple" peircings and 1 tattoo - CHC paperwork states multiple piercings and tatoo or multiple tatoos and piercing or combo of both lol - so Doc said I could "risk" not having it done but as they documented my peircings I thought it better to have it than get sent back later. so all in £250 for me
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough

Hi Tanah and Grizzly Hattons,
Many thanks for your experiences, I'd heard bad things about Liverpool about 18 months ago and with your positive experiences I will be booking ours in Manchester, it is worth the travel. The family are feeling better now

Kind regards

Simon

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simon and Susanne
Hi Tanah and Grizzly Hattons,
Many thanks for your experiences, I'd heard bad things about Liverpool about 18 months ago and with your positive experiences I will be booking ours in Manchester, it is worth the travel. The family are feeling better now

Kind regards

Simon

You're welcome I hope all goes well for you and your family. Dont let them worry about it it will be fine I'm sure! I went to the one in Altrincham because I had heard good reports on here. Seems the other place in Manchester is good also. Good luck!