Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP for me and OSWP for my partner after PNP approval - advice needed

TWP for me and OSWP for my partner after PNP approval - advice needed

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:34 am
Just Joined

jastovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP for me and OSWP for my partner after PNP approval - advice needed

Hi all,

A company in Vancouver has sponsored me with through the BC PNP programme.
I am currently awaiting the PNP decision.

Once I (hopefully) receive the PNP approval, i understand that there are two ways for me to obtain a TWP i.e. at POE or in my country (UK).

My question is:

My partner who is named on the PNP applicaiton will be accompanying me with the aim of obtaining an Open Spousal Work Permit (OSWP). She however is from the Czech Republic. Does she need to obtain the OSWP in the Czech Republic or does she obtain from the UK embassay or can we both simply fly to Canada and obtain my permit and her permit at the POE?

grateful for any guidance on this.

thank you.

Jason.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP for me and OSWP for my partner after PNP approval - advice needed

Originally Posted by jastovan
Hi all,

A company in Vancouver has sponsored me with through the BC PNP programme.
I am currently awaiting the PNP decision.

Once I (hopefully) receive the PNP approval, i understand that there are two ways for me to obtain a TWP i.e. at POE or in my country (UK).

My question is:

My partner who is named on the PNP applicaiton will be accompanying me with the aim of obtaining an Open Spousal Work Permit (OSWP). She however is from the Czech Republic. Does she need to obtain the OSWP in the Czech Republic or does she obtain from the UK embassay or can we both simply fly to Canada and obtain my permit and her permit at the POE?

grateful for any guidance on this.

thank you.

Jason.
She needs a visa so is not eligible to apply for a TWP at a port of entry.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:12 am
Just Joined

jastovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP for me and OSWP for my partner after PNP approval - advice needed

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
She needs a visa so is not eligible to apply for a TWP at a port of entry.
hi thank you,
any idea which particular visa? i thought just the open spouse work permit was only required? and is this something that must be obtained in her country or can we obtain from london?
any more thoughts would be appreciated.
thank you.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jastovan
hi thank you,
any idea which particular visa? i thought just the open spouse work permit was only required? and is this something that must be obtained in her country or can we obtain from london?
any more thoughts would be appreciated.
thank you.
If she intends on working she should apply for a work visa. If not intending to work then she requires a visitor visa. She would apply to the consulate that covers her country of residence read this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...pply-where.asp