twp help

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

paulwidnes1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default twp help

hello everyone im new to bef , only signed up this morning ok so this is my story.........Ive been with my canadian girlfriend now since january , i entered canada on the 30th of september as a visitor , and plan on staying , ive managed to get an employer to submit an LMO for me (still awaiting results) .. but what my real question is, is there anyway i can work here through having a canadian gf & if so how do i go about it ? , im so confused by alll the nosense of lmo's and what not , and some real advice from real people who have been there and done it , would be great massive help for me and my gf .... thankyou so much for your time anyhelp would be fantastic

regards paul x
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: twp help

Originally Posted by paulwidnes1
hello everyone im new to bef , only signed up this morning ok so this is my story.........Ive been with my canadian girlfriend now since january , i entered canada on the 30th of september as a visitor , and plan on staying , ive managed to get an employer to submit an LMO for me (still awaiting results) .. but what my real question is, is there anyway i can work here through having a canadian gf & if so how do i go about it ? , im so confused by alll the nosense of lmo's and what not , and some real advice from real people who have been there and done it , would be great massive help for me and my gf .... thankyou so much for your time anyhelp would be fantastic

regards paul x
Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on finding an employer to apply for the LMO for you, that's usually the tough bit! Fingers crossed it comes back positive and then you can apply for your TWP.

There's no other way of getting a TWP, although you may have other options. If you've lived with your gf for a year or more, then she could sponsor you for PR as a common-law spouse, or if you're aged 30 or under and a UKC, you could apply for a Working Holiday Visa in January which would give you a year's open work permit.

The best thing to do is read the Wiki which should make your options clear to you - start with the link in my signature.

Good luck.