Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP, A few questions just to confirm

TWP, A few questions just to confirm

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

englishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really nice
Default TWP, A few questions just to confirm

Hi all
I am about to apply for the work permit after recieving my positive LMO.
After printing off forms I just have a few questions that need confirming.
1st, there is only enough room for myself, partner and 2 kids(i have 4) on main page, do i use seperate peice of paper or print of a 2nd copy of the form and continue in the columns, voiding the other questions
2nd, if I want my partner to have a open work permit, do I just get her to fill a TWP form in aswel and if so does she still go on mine?
3rd,do i need open study permits for the kids, the 3 older ones are 5,8 and 10? Is there a seperate form or do you just tick the box on the check list page that goes on top of application?
4th, as me and my parnter aren't married but have been together 11 years we need to fill in the common law parnter paperwork, but its states that we have signed infront of commissioner of oathes??? do we do this when i canada? or do we do it in the UK infornt of someone?
5th, I need evidence that i meet the job requirements. I am currently self employed in the UK, would a letter from my accountant be sufficiant or would it be better to get references from people I have done work for,my previous employment was 5 yrs ago, so dont know if its to long to ask for reference.
6th, the LMO is only for 1 year, but the company said take no notice as the job is long term, question 17 and 18 on from asks how when i expect to start and when I expect to finish. Should i put one year from starting date or shall i put 2.
Just want to get this right first time so its not going back and forth with the postman.
Thanx all
Chris
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: TWP, A few questions just to confirm

Hi EI
here's my replies in bold forwhat we did, cant comment re kids because we dont have any on our app

[QUOTE=englishintruder;7407504]Hi all
I am about to apply for the work permit after recieving my positive LMO.
After printing off forms I just have a few questions that need confirming.
1st, there is only enough room for myself, partner and 2 kids(i have 4) on main page, do i use seperate peice of paper or print of a 2nd copy of the form and continue in the columns, voiding the other questions

(double check the instructions i am sure it states it somewhere)

2nd, if I want my partner to have a open work permit, do I just get her to fill a TWP form in aswel and if so does she still go on mine?
wife goes on second column on your application, wife also fills in her own application she goes in the first column on her own application and you go in the second column (i presume the kids will need to go on hers too)
in the part of your wifes application where it asks for info on the job and salary you just write spousal open work permit and the wage box just put N/A

3rd,do i need open study permits for the kids, the 3 older ones are 5,8 and 10? Is there a seperate form or do you just tick the box on the check list page that goes on top of application?

i think there are forms required for them all and they should be on the cic website

4th, as me and my parnter aren't married but have been together 11 years we need to fill in the common law parnter paperwork, but its states that we have signed infront of commissioner of oathes??? do we do this when i canada? or do we do it in the UK infornt of someone?

I believe that you need to do that in front of a solicitor whilst you are in england

5th, I need evidence that i meet the job requirements. I am currently self employed in the UK, would a letter from my accountant be sufficiant or would it be better to get references from people I have done work for,my previous employment was 5 yrs ago, so dont know if its to long to ask for reference.

i think it is best to come from someone who is able to clarify that you can meet all aspects of your job, my OH is a self-employed plasterer so he's shown the people he sub-contracts to the job description/duties and they are happy to do reference to the same effect

6th, the LMO is only for 1 year, but the company said take no notice as the job is long term, question 17 and 18 on from asks how when i expect to start and when I expect to finish. Should i put one year from starting date or shall i put 2.

I think I read somewhere that you put the date that your passport is due to run out..but im not sure...i sent mine the 13/3/09 and i think i put that date on mine its on the cic website somewhere

hope this helps.

im sure someone with kids will come along soon to advise you better on that area.

kae

Last edited by kmcguinness; Mar 22nd 2009 at 9:17 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:59 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

I copied the form and put my name at the top and just filled in the columns putting my details in as the main applicant with continuation just above the column and then I filled out the extra columns as necessary.

We did the forms exactly the same but in reverse so rather than me being the lead applicant on the forms we put OH as the lead applicant. We wrote on the top of each form whether it was for a TWP or SOWP.

I can't remember I think you just tick the box on the checklist.

Don't know.

Don't know

Don't know

Just answered the questions I knew I could help with sorry but hope it helps a bit - not sure if we did it right but I figured I'd rather give them too much information and they could pick out what they wanted, rather than too little and get a delay.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough

Hi, we have a couple of weeks left to wait for our TWP's and kids Study visa's to come through...so have been where you are now.
We went through the nightmare of finding things out at the last minute so know the problems you may be having right now.
Will try to answer your questions as best I can...

1st, there is only enough room for myself, partner and 2 kids(i have 4) on main page, do i use separate peice of paper or print of a 2nd copy of the form and continue in the columns, voiding the other questions

same as the other replies....copy the page and write additional sheet on the top.this can be done for all the forms.make sure you put these behind the originals.

same again. additional application form needs to be filled out as before but reverse the applicant and spouse.

write the number of study permits required in the checklist box. you can only apply for children of school age...study permits for youner children can be applied for later

Had the same problem myself. you have to see a NOTORY not a solicitor.use the form provided.do not fill it out before you go as it has to be done infront of notory. ours cost £5 but have had other documents done by different notories and it cost £50....so be warned....shop around. you will need to take passports with you and proof of living together for at least 12mths.

Reference letters from clients, CV and Educational Certificates will be ok...if you can get a reference letter from previous employer that would be good too.

As far as I am aware you can only apply for the length of your LMO but you can appply to extend your TWP later.

hope this helps. feel free to ask if you need anymore help

Richard
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

englishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really nice

thanx for the info