nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP with 17 year old 'in Tow'

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Short answer Yes.
Many thanks .....
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nathanm
Hi,

I'm in the process of completing the forms for a TWP for both myself & OH, our 17 year old daughter is coming out with us & is listed as a dependent on the completed work permit application, she is a British Citizen so do I need to apply for a TRV? she is also not looking to continue her studies straight away so I assume no requirement to apply for a study permit at this moment intime so therefore she can enter on her passport?
Is there a clear plan in place to get permanent residence (quickly?) If not, there will likely be a lot of problems if you go to Canada with a teenager of that age. Notably the prohibition on working and higher fees for study and even dependency issues (for visa purpose) in the not too distant future.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Is there a clear plan in place to get permanent residence (quickly?) If not, there will likely be a lot of problems if you go to Canada with a teenager of that age. Notably the prohibition on working and higher fees for study and even dependency issues (for visa purpose) in the not too distant future.
Yes the plan is to apply for PR within the first year...
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice

Hi, I didnt want to start a new thread with the same question.

I am in the same position, can my 17 year old get an OWP in Alberta?

Hubby will have a twp and I will have an OWP.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justme31170
Hi, I didnt want to start a new thread with the same question.

I am in the same position, can my 17 year old get an OWP in Alberta?

Hubby will have a twp and I will have an OWP.
Yes but note expiry date.

Pilot Project for Working Age Dependent Children of TFWs (NOC 0, A, B) Destined to Alberta – OB 122 - July 1, 2009 to July 30, 2012*.

Special Program Code – ‘WDP’
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;9907949]Yes but note expiry date.

Pilot Project for Working Age Dependent Children of TFWs (NOC 0, A, B) Destined to Alberta – OB 122 - July 1, 2009 to July 30, 2012*.

Special Program Code – ‘WDP’[/QUO

Isn't the working age in Alberta 18? and if so she will miss the deadlin for the project as she turns 18 on July 30th!!! Damn, bad timing or what!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=justme31170;9907971]
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes but note expiry date.

Special Program Code – ‘WDP’[/QUO

Isn't the working age in Alberta 18? and if so she will miss the deadlin for the project as she turns 18 on July 30th!!! Damn, bad timing or what!
You are in luck.

c) Dependents, aged 18-22, of TFW who are engaged in work within the NOC [National Occupation Classification] 0, A and B skill categories being eligible to receive open work permits.”
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;9907981]

You are in luck.

c) Dependents, aged 18-22, of TFW who are engaged in work within the NOC [National Occupation Classification] 0, A and B skill categories being eligible to receive open work permits.”
Oh thank god for that lol, that's all providing we get a positive LMO of course lol.

Thanks Former Lancastrian
Old Feb 17th 2012, 11:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;9907981]

You are in luck.

Note the TFWs for accompanying dependents of workers, are restricted

BC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2011/ob337.asp Open to NOC A, B, O, C, D TFWs

Ont: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2010/ob229.asp Children of PRs who work in Health Care, Higher education only

Alta: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2010/ob122.asp NOC A, B or O only