TWP with 17 year old 'in Tow'

Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP with 17 year old 'in Tow'

Hi,

I'm in the process of completing the forms for a TWP for both myself & OH, our 17 year old daughter is coming out with us & is listed as a dependent on the completed work permit application, she is a British Citizen so do I need to apply for a TRV? she is also not looking to continue her studies straight away so I assume no requirement to apply for a study permit at this moment intime so therefore she can enter on her passport?

Any advice would be welcome...... thanks
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP with 17 year old 'in Tow'

No TRV's required for British citizens travelling on UK passports.
How long are your TWP's valid for. No concern of mine but what is she going to do over here?
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No TRV's required for British citizens travelling on UK passports.
How long are your TWP's valid for. No concern of mine but what is she going to do over here?
So I dont need to fill out any addtional forms for her apart from naming her as a dependant? she is coming out for the summer with a view then to study if she likes it? havent had the TWP issued yet but assuming 2 years duration in line with the LMO issued.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nathanm
So I dont need to fill out any addtional forms for her apart from naming her as a dependant? she is coming out for the summer with a view then to study if she likes it? havent had the TWP issued yet but assuming 2 years duration in line with the LMO issued.
She will be issued a Visitor Record for the duration of your TWP. Make sure all passports are still valid for the duration of the TWP, if not then TWP only issued until passport expiry date.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

She will be issued a Visitor Record for the duration of your TWP.
Or an open work permit possibly. Depending on the OP's 'skill level' etc of course.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 9th 2012 at 12:26 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Or an open work permit possibly. Depending on the OP's 'skill level' etc of course.

True but OP did indicate that she was coming out with a view to study which is also an option.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

True but OP did indicate that she was coming out with a view to study which is also an option.
Yep. But if she's entitled to an open work permit it would probably be worth getting anyway, for the sake of $150. That way she can at least work if she wants to without any restrictions, unlike on a study permit.

Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep. But if she's entitled to an open work permit it would probably be worth getting anyway, for the sake of $150. That way she can at least work if she wants to without any restrictions, unlike on a study permit.

Stop filling their head with ideas Yes I agree the OWP is the better of the choices as she can earn an income.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Stop filling their head with ideas Yes I agree the OWP is the better of the choices as she can earn an income.
Just that imo, most 17 year olds want to do something to pay for their endless clothes etc, even if it's only a Saturday job and some babysitting.

Of course, after all this she may not be able to get an open work permit! The OP hasn't said which province they are going to etc, so no idea if she can, but it's something to consider if so.

Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

After all that, it appears from looking back at the OP's previous posts that they're going to NS, so she won't be able to get a work permit after all.

Ah well!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

After all that, it appears from looking back at the OP's previous posts that they're going to NS, so she won't be able to get a work permit after all.

Ah well!
Christmasoompa & Former Lancastrian thanks for your help on this - a Visitor Record it is then, one last thing will this be issued at airport immigration?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Christmasoompa & Former Lancastrian thanks for your help on this - a Visitor Record it is then, one last thing will this be issued at airport immigration?
Yes, but it is quite likely that she would just be included as an accompanying dependent on your TWP.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Yes, but it is quite likely that she would just be included as an accompanying dependent on your TWP.
thanks for the clarification PMM ...
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

She will be issued a Visitor Record for the duration of your TWP. Make sure all passports are still valid for the duration of the TWP, if not then TWP only issued until passport expiry date.
Sorry Just one other question, I'm contemplating applying for my TWP & SOWP with my wife at POE given London application timescales 8-10wks? my daughter will not be travelling with us on this trip therefore what is the process for her to get issued with her visitor record, will it be when we next return with her travelling with us?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry Just one other question, I'm contemplating applying for my TWP & SOWP with my wife at POE given London application timescales 8-10wks? my daughter will not be travelling with us on this trip therefore what is the process for her to get issued with her visitor record, will it be when we next return with her travelling with us?
Short answer Yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.