TRV and Work Permit Approval

Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Maple18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRV and Work Permit Approval

Hi,

I have submitted my TRV and Work Permit application to CIC London on 28th June 2011.

However, I have not receive any response from the CIC London and I'm not too sure how long will it take to approve?

I've submitted together with my passport and eagerly waiting for the return of my passport as I wish to travel out from UK before the summer gone.

So, please could someone share their experience or advise?

Cheers!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRV and Work Permit Approval

Not sure about TRV's (out of interest, why do you need one if you'll have a TWP?), but Temp Work Permit's are currently taking around 10 weeks to be processed.

HTH.

Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure about TRV's (out of interest, why do you need one if you'll have a TWP?), but Temp Work Permit's are currently taking around 10 weeks to be processed.

HTH.

Hi HTH,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Because my country is not exempted from TRV, therefore I need one.

Do you know how could I check the status of the application?

Cheers!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple18
Because my country is not exempted from TRV, therefore I need one.
I just wondered why you needed a TRV if you will have a Temp Work Permit - you don't need both do you?

You can't check the status of an application like that, only PR applications can be checked. You just have to wait for CIC I'm afraid! If you submitted your TWP application at the end of June, then figure about mid September to get that back, but not sure if TRV's are quicker.

Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

I just wondered why you needed a TRV if you will have a Temp Work Permit - you don't need both do you?

Thanks for your advise.

Yes, I need both because I'm not holding a British Passport. I'm currently working in UK under work permit and have got a job offer in Canada in which my country of origin is not exempted from TRV.

Unfortunately the wait is killing me.

Do you have any idea whether there will be some sort of acknowlegement of receipt to confirm that it is in the process or something identical? At the moment, I can only rely on my Royal Mail reference number to confirm the delivery but not from CIC London.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, I need both because I'm not holding a British Passport. I'm currently working in UK under work permit and have got a job offer in Canada in which my country of origin is not exempted from TRV.
Yes, I understand that you would need a TRV to visit Canada as you are not a UK citizen, but what I'm wondering is why you'd need both a visitor visa *and* a working visa - surely you will only enter on one visa, so why do you need both? Seems odd to me, but I don't have any knowledge of TRV's so I was just wondering.

There isn't any Acknowledgement of Receipts for temporary visas, so no, you won't get anything unless CIC request more info from you. But as long as you have submitted the LMO, job offer etc, then hopefully you should get your TWP back without any problems in September.

And fingers crossed you get your TRV soon.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I understand that you would need a TRV to visit Canada as you are not a UK citizen, but what I'm wondering is why you'd need both a visitor visa *and* a working visa - surely you will only enter on one visa, so why do you need both? Seems odd to me, but I don't have any knowledge of TRV's so I was just wondering.

This was obtained from CIC website:

4. Determine if you need a passport and a temporary resident visa.

If you want to work in Canada, you must meet the requirements for a work permit. You must also meet the general requirements for entering Canada. This means that you might also need a passport and a temporary resident visa.

A temporary resident visa is an official document that is placed in your passport. To find out if you need a visa to enter Canada, see Visiting Canada.

If you require a temporary resident visa, you do not have to apply for it separately or pay a separate fee. If your work permit is approved, the visa will be issued at the same time as the documentation you need to enter Canada as a worker.

If you are a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, Greenland or Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, you do not need a passport or a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. You must, however, provide proof of citizenship or permanent residence, such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 5:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

There isn't any Acknowledgement of Receipts for temporary visas, so no, you won't get anything unless CIC request more info from you. But as long as you have submitted the LMO, job offer etc, then hopefully you should get your TWP back without any problems in September.

And fingers crossed you get your TRV soon.
If you are from a non visa exempt country you have to apply for a TRV along with the work permit. (You only pay the fee for the work permit). You get your TRV and it should be marked as W-1. When you arrive at the POE with your LMO and TRV the work permit is then issued. The processing time for work permits/TRV at London is posted as 1 month.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 5:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks both, all is clear now! (Still think it's a bit daft though).
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you are from a non visa exempt country you have to apply for a TRV along with the work permit. (You only pay the fee for the work permit). You get your TRV and it should be marked as W-1. When you arrive at the POE with your LMO and TRV the work permit is then issued. The processing time for work permits/TRV at London is posted as 1 month.
Hi PMM,

Thank you for your info.

However, I'm a bit confused over the processing time. Two websites provides different processing time.

In this website, it states 1 month:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ers.asp#europe

In the 2nd website, it states 8-10 weeks:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...raitement.aspx

There is quite a lot of difference in terms of waiting time especially I'm desperately waiting for the return of my passport.

Do you know which website could I count on?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PMM,

Thank you for your info.

However, I'm a bit confused over the processing time. Two websites provides different processing time.

In this website, it states 1 month:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ers.asp#europe

In the 2nd website, it states 8-10 weeks:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...raitement.aspx

There is quite a lot of difference in terms of waiting time especially I'm desperately waiting for the return of my passport.

Do you know which website could I count on?

Thanks!
Unless the data is live, look at the last date the site was modified, this might give you an idea.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Unless the data is live, look at the last date the site was modified, this might give you an idea.
Thanks for your suggesstion. I've got the answer.

Cheers!