Travel Insurance - WARNING!!!

Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:03 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Travel Insurance - WARNING!!!

If you are emigrating no Uk insurance company will give you one way "holiday insurance" your journey has to start and end in UK. I had exacty the same problem with Lloyds. I tried to explain that if I was that ill I would probably be happy to be returned to Uk for treatment as it woul dbe cheaper on National health and i would return here when better!! However they said no. If your home was Canada thne they would not cover , and all insurance would be void if you tried.

There are a couple of insurance firms inc. Blue Cross here in Canada that cover new comers cost about UK 500 pound or about $650 for family, though only for three months. ( Cost us 500 as we got ski cover as well) IF you dont want to risk it you can do without. However here there is a sign in the hospital saying if you are a holiday maker or visitor You must pay $500 to be seen by a doctor, ( with or without insurance documents) and any treatment will be billed !! We know someone who broke their leg whilst sking and cost a fortune !
getting a bank account her is almost as easy as ordering a burger!! so tell Barclays to stuff it you dont need reference just passport and drivers licence for ID.

UOTE=Rock God]Booked my travel insurance with Barclays over a week ago online. Filled out there form and paid by credit card. They sent me confirmation of my payment, my policy and my policy details. Then TODAY, less than 48 hours before we get on the plane, they call and tell me that they have to CANCEL my policy as they DON'T COVER ONE WAY TRAVEL!! What's more they could not offer ANY assistance to me in finding alternative insurance!! SO BE WARNED. Don't get your insurance from Barclays. In fact, I urge you to boycott them altogether. I have been a good customer for 15 years and they would not issue me a reference letter to presents to banks in Canada to aid me in getting a Canadian bank account. God, I can't wait to get to Canada... Oh well, i'll be there in 48 hours!! [/QUOTE]
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:04 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Insurance - WARNING!!!

I booked one way travel insurance with Duinsure 5 days cover was very cheap.

Then took out Manulife poilcy for the first 3 months once I arrived - which work are paying for