Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travel Document or Re-entry without PR

Travel Document or Re-entry without PR

Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:40 am
uaw
Just Joined

uaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Travel Document or Re-entry without PR

Hello Jim, Andrew, PMM, All:

I have presently received my PP stamped with PR visa and planning to land early next month. I am presently working in US on work permit (L1) and would be getting my visa stamped at USCIS@Canada.

However i am still in the middle of a big project and would like to complete the same before winding up completely from here. So my plan is to land @ CAN, get accustomed to the area, spend 2-3 days, get my visa stamped and travel back to US.

Pls note i am travelling by air so i would be surrendering my present I-94 doc @ port of exit - US. Hence what would be my possible options:

1) Provide my friends address so that when PR Card is send i would receive it through courier later provided they don't ask me to personally appear to collect it - what are the chances of imm officals asking for personal appearance ?

2) OR - State clearly that i still have pending work which needs to be completed before permanently settling in CAN and request for TD (Travel Document) ?

3) What are the procedure for gettting the TD done ? Is it an application which needs to be filled out and have it stamped in the passport for a re-entry ?

Pls revert with your suggestions and will plan accordingly.

Thank You !
Uaw
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:09 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Document or Re-entry without PR

Hi

Originally Posted by uaw
Hello Jim, Andrew, PMM, All:

I have presently received my PP stamped with PR visa and planning to land early next month. I am presently working in US on work permit (L1) and would be getting my visa stamped at USCIS@Canada.

However i am still in the middle of a big project and would like to complete the same before winding up completely from here. So my plan is to land @ CAN, get accustomed to the area, spend 2-3 days, get my visa stamped and travel back to US.

Pls note i am travelling by air so i would be surrendering my present I-94 doc @ port of exit - US. Hence what would be my possible options:

1) Provide my friends address so that when PR Card is send i would receive it through courier later provided they don't ask me to personally appear to collect it - what are the chances of imm officals asking for personal appearance ?

2) OR - State clearly that i still have pending work which needs to be completed before permanently settling in CAN and request for TD (Travel Document) ?

3) What are the procedure for gettting the TD done ? Is it an application which needs to be filled out and have it stamped in the passport for a re-entry ?

Pls revert with your suggestions and will plan accordingly.

Thank You !
Uaw
1. Be honest, if they ask tell Immigration that you are returning to US to clear up your job.
2. Use your friends address and have the PR card forwarded to you.
3. If there is a problem with the card it is usually the picture, if you have to return for a new picture, then if want to fly, get a facillitation visa.

PMM
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:19 am
uaw
Just Joined

Thanks PMM, that helps !

I would definitely let them know that my plan is to get the landing done before the expiry date and would be closing my assigment in tentative time period.

Just one more question - When would you think Travel Doc be needed ? In this case can it help ?

-Uaw

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Be honest, if they ask tell Immigration that you are returning to US to clear up your job.
2. Use your friends address and have the PR card forwarded to you.
3. If there is a problem with the card it is usually the picture, if you have to return for a new picture, then if want to fly, get a facillitation visa.

PMM
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by uaw
Thanks PMM, that helps !

I would definitely let them know that my plan is to get the landing done before the expiry date and would be closing my assigment in tentative time period.

Just one more question - When would you think Travel Doc be needed ? In this case can it help ?

-Uaw
Don't worry about it, unless you are told that you have to go to Canada for a new picture and pickup your PR Card. It only takes a day or two to process.

PMM
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:07 am
uaw
Just Joined

Thanks again.....!

-Uaw

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Don't worry about it, unless you are told that you have to go to Canada for a new picture and pickup your PR Card. It only takes a day or two to process.

PMM