Reentry in canada after 3 years

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

hmnpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reentry in canada after 3 years

I have Canadian PR and and I have been 2 times in Canada for 2 weeks because I am working in US. Now I am about to complete 3 years after getting my PR but still my project need my presence here over current project upto April 2006.
My 3 years will be completed in Oct 2005, So I have a quick question here. According to the rule that a PR person has to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years. So when this 2 year stay has to be checked, is it checked at the time of Re-entry in Canada or is it checked at the time of renewal?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

HMN
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reentry in canada after 3 years

Hi

Originally Posted by hmnpa
I have Canadian PR and and I have been 2 times in Canada for 2 weeks because I am working in US. Now I am about to complete 3 years after getting my PR but still my project need my presence here over current project upto April 2006.
My 3 years will be completed in Oct 2005, So I have a quick question here. According to the rule that a PR person has to stay in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years. So when this 2 year stay has to be checked, is it checked at the time of Re-entry in Canada or is it checked at the time of renewal?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

HMN
Rentry, so if you return by Oct/05 You can't leave for 2 years, or PR is gone.

PMM
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi PMM,
I am looking to reenter in the month of april 06, not in Oct 05. So will it any problem to get entry, because I will go by Road Border, there they just see the PR at border.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Rentry, so if you return by Oct/05 You can't leave for 2 years, or PR is gone.

PMM
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi PMM,
I am looking to reenter in the month of april 06, not in Oct 05. So will it any problem to get entry, because I will go by Road Border, there they just see the PR at border.

Thanks
Looks like you won't fulfill the 2 in 5 requirement.

PMM
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

No I just want to go there for one year. Because my work visa in US will not allow to stay in state after six years for that I have to go out of US for a year. For this option I am looking this option.
So Once I will go after 31/2 year then what do you think that will it be any problem for crossing the border from USA to Canada?

Thanks

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Looks like you won't fulfill the 2 in 5 requirement.

PMM
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

No I just want to go there for one year. Because my work visa in US will not allow to stay in state after six years for that I have to go out of US for a year. For this option I am looking this option.
So Once I will go after 31/2 year then what do you think that will it be any problem for crossing the border from USA to Canada?

Thanks

Yes, kiss your PR goodbye, obviously you wish to live in the US, so that is where you should be trying to regularize your status.

PMM
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

How US work visa/US employer works that is not related to Canadian PR law. It's very simple that you MUST have to be inside Canada for 2 yrs out of 5 yrs.
After 9/11 and Canadian govt. knows very well about that few people breaking the 2/5 yr law for continue PR.

- Yo can work for US employer from Canada if employer allowed.

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Mr PMM,
Thats not the way to reply. if you are replying on a forum you should maintain some values, So please If you have some issues deal it at your end, Don't show your problems in replies.
Thanks anyway for your replies. You know Canada is realy bad for the Jobs, So in most of the cases if a employer is not allowing work from canada then only this one year option people are using for canada.

Thanks alot.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes, kiss your PR goodbye, obviously you wish to live in the US, so that is where you should be trying to regularize your status.

PMM
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:40 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't use Canada as a safety net then if you don't want to move here permanently. Bad for jobs? Yes, only for those who want to stay in US. PMM simply stated the truth and it is obvious that truth is what you don't like.

Most in this forum prefer the truth and vast majority here doesn't like those who use Canada as backup plan to their US "ambitions" - Canadian immigration program has annual quotas, so you took visa away from someone who really intended to live in Canada permanently, thus don't accuse others of "having issues".

Mr PMM,
Thats not the way to reply. if you are replying on a forum you should maintain some values, So please If you have some issues deal it at your end, Don't show your problems in replies.
Thanks anyway for your replies. You know Canada is realy bad for the Jobs, So in most of the cases if a employer is not allowing work from canada then only this one year option people are using for canada.

Thanks alot.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew for your kind advice,
I was also telling the truth. I have seen most of the people in Canada who went there and earned even 40% of their previouse job (outside of Canada) and stayed there to get the citizenship and as soon as they got the citizenship, they have applied for the TN visa for US.
Last but not least, everybody wants to earn more money.

Thank you all very very much for your very kind reply.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Don't use Canada as a safety net then if you don't want to move here permanently. Bad for jobs? Yes, only for those who want to stay in US. PMM simply stated the truth and it is obvious that truth is what you don't like.

Most in this forum prefer the truth and vast majority here doesn't like those who use Canada as backup plan to their US "ambitions" - Canadian immigration program has annual quotas, so you took visa away from someone who really intended to live in Canada permanently, thus don't accuse others of "having issues".
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

Thanks Andrew for your kind advice,
I was also telling the truth. I have seen most of the people in Canada who went there and earned even 40% of their previouse job (outside of Canada) and stayed there to get the citizenship and as soon as they got the citizenship, they have applied for the TN visa for US.
Last but not least, everybody wants to earn more money.

Thank you all very very much for your very kind reply.
You are first one to compalin about PMM.

What is said was correct, you are the one who want to find a way to brack the system. Are you really expecting people to advice you how beat the system??

It is correct, why cant you secrify your 3 years and stay in Canada for less and move after getting citizenship. But you want have it in the both ways.

It is sincere advise, please do not take chance and secure what you have.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Hi PMM or anyone
I am now confused on on 2/5 rule.
Based on your explanation following scenario will not work?
Initial landing in June 2006, and soon left (back to Australia to finish my edu). I will only return to Canada in September 2008, and planning to stay on after that and won't leave Canada even a single day.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

PMM
Old Aug 6th 2005, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by didik
Hi PMM or anyone
Initial landing in June 2006, and soon left (back to Australia to finish my edu). I will only return to Canada in September 2008, and planning to stay on after that and won't leave Canada even a single day.
I am not expert.

But you certainly have problem, why not just transfer in a good school in Canada?
If you are studying in an Ivy league school, i could understand. But there so many wold class universities in Canada.

It would be ideal for you to study and meet your residential requirement hopefully get your Canadian passport up on graduation, and then you are free to move around.

Please do not take your chance.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 3:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by didik
Hi PMM or anyone
If you land June/06 and immediately leave, you have to return by May/09 and remain in Canada for 2 years.

PMM
Old Aug 6th 2005, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you land June/06 and immediately leave, you have to return by May/09 and remain in Canada for 2 years.

PMM
Dear PMM

You are right sorry my mistak.

Azam