Tower Crane Operator - Vancouver

Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

artcbr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tower Crane Operator - Vancouver

Originally Posted by CraneOperator
I'm operating tower cranes in Vancouver since January coming from Northern Ireland due to lack of work in construction. The first thing that hit me was the the sheer amount of construction work its unreal. There are over 170 tower cranes up already and permission passed to double that number in 6 months. I noticed they aren't as strict about H&S stuff on site compared to the uk. Depending on company they work less hours as well which is great for spending time with family
Hello there.I'm a tower crane operator and I'm planning a short, one week holiday in Vancouver. I've booked my flight and hotel already. I will also rent a car.On the same time I will try to write an exam for Certificate of Qualification,(Tower Crane Operator). I sent all the forms to ITBC over one month ago.
I've read all yours posts on be.com and it is really IMPRESSIVE what you did. Could you tell me how was your and yours friends way to become tower crane operator in BC.
Many thanks and all the best.
Tower Crane Operator from London UK.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tower Crane Operator - Vancouver

Originally Posted by artcbr
Hello there.I'm a tower crane operator and I'm planning a short, one week holiday in Vancouver. I've booked my flight and hotel already. I will also rent a car.On the same time I will try to write an exam for Certificate of Qualification,(Tower Crane Operator). I sent all the forms to ITBC over one month ago.
I've read all yours posts on be.com and it is really IMPRESSIVE what you did. Could you tell me how was your and yours friends way to become tower crane operator in BC.
Hello and welcome to BE!

I have moved your post to a thread of it's own (it's always better to start your own thread) so hopefully others will see it and be able to help you find the way to get to Canada.

The member you were asking the question of hasn't posted on BE since July but you should be able to see how he got here by looking at his previous posts. You can find them here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=6764569

I would suggest you also look at the wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada - and also the PNP BC website: http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/im...Can-Apply.aspx. You could also look at the FSW (Trades) stream as I think you come under this as a crane operator. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I am sure that someone will be able to answer them.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 23rd 2013 at 4:30 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

BLAST750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tower Crane Operator - Vancouver

Originally Posted by artcbr
Hi, I see you're a qualified crane operator which is the career I'm pursuing now. I'm also from London as well (South east). I've done research on becoming a certified operator and i've seen so many options so I'm bit lost in what exact direction to take. Could you inform and advise me what is the best route to take? Who did you train with?

Thanks