Title Deeds

Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Default Title Deeds

Hi there,

I note that as part of the updated documents CIC require title deeds to any properties (mortgage or not) that you own.

Is it sufficient to use the down-loaded title deeds from http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk or do they have to be the 'official' / 'guaranteed' copies?

Here is an extract from the document that I have downloaded:

'This copy is not an 'Official Copy' of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar if he suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy. If you want to obtain an official copy, the Land Registry web site explains how to do this.'

Regards,

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Sep 18th 2008 at 7:58 am. Reason: Added extra
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:34 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Title Deeds

Hi James

Title deeds? I have never heard them asking for that before, where did you read that?

Danny
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi James

Title deeds? I have never heard them asking for that before, where did you read that?

Danny
Hi Danny,

Its in the update letter under proof of funds - I will add-in the exact text later... I don't have the paperwork with me.

Regards,

James.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi James

Danny
Hi Danny,

Just got the info from home:

On the file index for skilled workers under H Settlements funds it states ... 'Property ownership documents and notice of outstanding mortgage'... I assume property ownership documents to be the title deeds.

Regards,

James.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:37 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi James

You can't be on the deeds if your not on the mortgage statement so it seems a bit strange that a mortgage statement alone is not enough to cover this. Unless you had no mortgage outstanding.

Still it won't do any harm to send as much info as possible.

Danny
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi James

You can't be on the deeds if your not on the mortgage statement so it seems a bit strange that a mortgage statement alone is not enough to cover this. Unless you had no mortgage outstanding.

Still it won't do any harm to send as much info as possible.

Danny
Hi Danny,

I guess you could have someone who has a claim on the property but is not paying on the mortgage - for instance someone who has financed the deposit (I think ) ; However in the past members of this forum have said not to interpret what the letter says; but to do what it says. And as it specifically says 'Property ownership documents and notice of outstanding mortgage' I am inclined to agree with you and send both.

Regards,

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Sep 18th 2008 at 10:26 am. Reason: typo
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:03 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwsadler
Hi there,

I note that as part of the updated documents CIC require title deeds to any properties (mortgage or not) that you own.

Is it sufficient to use the down-loaded title deeds from http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk or do they have to be the 'official' / 'guaranteed' copies?
Here is an extract from the document that I have downloaded:

'This copy is not an 'Official Copy' of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar if he suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy. If you want to obtain an official copy, the Land Registry web site explains how to do this.'

Regards,

James.
hi james

only official 'copies of title deeds' as supplied by your local land registry office is good enough......as they will have the 'official' LRO stamp on them and they cost about £5 for the copy and title deed (which will show any 'charges against your title' ie:mortgage) and a futher £5 for the filed coloured plan......

hope that helps....
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
hi james

only official 'copies of title deeds' as supplied by your local land registry office is good enough......as they will have the 'official' LRO stamp on them and they cost about £5 for the copy and title deed (which will show any 'charges against your title' ie:mortgage) and a futher £5 for the filed coloured plan......

hope that helps....
Hi gibsonslanding,

Thanks for your message. I thought this might be the case. Which is a shame as its the time taken to get these that will prove difficult - particularly as our 90 day letter took a month to reach us!

Regards,

James.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:09 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwsadler
Hi gibsonslanding,

Thanks for your message. I thought this might be the case. Which is a shame as its the time taken to get these that will prove difficult - particularly as our 90 day letter took a month to reach us!

Regards,

James.
hi james

no, it shouldn't take any time at all, as you can walk into your local land registry office (google it) and get copies there and then....once parted from your cash of course.....but it only takes a few moments! you identify your title from a map or if you know your title number, give it to them and they will ask you if you want the full title deed including the filed plan and hey presto, it's done.....don't know if you need any other surrounding title deeds to your property but if you do, you can get copies of those too....useful if you have any rights of way or covenants over your title......most properties in the uk were starting to have registiers against them from the 60's onwards....if your home is older than that, then your local goverment/council office might be able to help with land issue's and who own's what and when.......your mortgage company should also have a copy of you title deeds as they hold this as a first charge usually.....it's a very simple and painless job to do. i live in kent and our local office is in tunbridge wells.....again, good luck and hope this helps

Last edited by gibsonslanding; Sep 18th 2008 at 5:13 pm.