Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Relative living in Canada - newborn?

Relative living in Canada - newborn?

Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

mmaganti is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Relative living in Canada - newborn?

Hello all,
I'm here in Canada on a NAFTA intra-company transfer TWP. We just had a daughter in Canada. I have started filling out the application for Skilled Worker class because I have a job in Canada. On the Skilled Worker Schedule 3 form, question 9 asks if I have a relative living in Canada. Do I list our daughter as this relative, or does she have to be over 18 to qualify?

Also, since I am already working in a job, would I say 'Yes' to whether I have an offer of employment? (my job will be permanent, if I get the PR) It's a little confusing.

Thanks!
Manu

Last edited by mmaganti; Sep 16th 2008 at 4:05 pm. Reason: added a 2nd question
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Relative living in Canada - newborn?

Well, I just called the CIC call centre. For future reference, yes, I can list our daughter, and the answer would be 'No' to a job offer approved by HRDC.

M
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:18 am
Just Joined

DeneyBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for updating us on your answers. We are also here on a TWP and will be having a daughter in a couple of weeks, then applying for PR, so it's useful to know the answer

Dene
Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:16 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmaganti
Well, I just called the CIC call centre. For future reference ....... the answer would be 'No' to a job offer approved by HRDC.

M
I strongly urge you to read the Wiki article called Fast Track PR Application.

The CIC staff who answer the phone lines do not always know what they're talking about. Alternatively, it's possible that you might have asked the question in such a way that the CIC staff member who answered the phone did not understand it. I'm not saying that that is what happened, but I am trying to give the CIC staff member the benefit of the doubt.
x
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Judy. I did take a look. I've to file with Buffalo, so no 'fast-tracking' for me.

I also read the AE manual that Andrew attached, and the highlighted portion in the pdf is the situation I am in, currently.

BTW, your link missed the first part - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Fast_T...ication-Canada

Thanks,
Manu
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Hi Judy, thanks!

I am filing in Buffalo, so it looks like I can't use the 'fast-tracking'. In the pdf that is mentioned, that Mr.Miller put up, the highlighted portion pretty much sums up my current position - NAFTA intra-company transferee. I will be getting a 'permanent' offer from my employer for the application, so that, along with the fact that I am already working in Canada will help get it actually looked at.

When I spoke to the CIC lady, I mentioned that I was here on a NAFTA TWP which was exempt from HRDC confirmation, so she told me to mark, "No". Maybe, I'll call again before I file and confirm this, unless someone else who's done the same can help out, in the mean time.

Thanks again,
Manu