Timescales for TWP?

Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Ajuju is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timescales for TWP?

Thanks for the reply. Guess I can only wait...
Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Now 8 weeks after my TWP application. The tension is unimaginable. Does anyone know whether responses are by email or letter in the post?
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Clearpupil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ajuju - I'm the same as you, also a healthcare worker, sent the finalised medical report in on 30th July, having initially applied on 28th Feb they took 6 weeks to reply. I think there is a "go slow" over July perhaps someone can confirm that. Calgeo got a reply after just 1 month, but that was during May. I'm not surpised we're on a back burner.

In case you're interested, my situation is complicated that on medical report I reported an intermittent heart arrhythmia, so I needed an echo which was borderline normal (ok I run and play squash twice a week but the echo showed ejection fraction of 45% - normal range 45%-65%). I'm really worried because my Canadian wife and kids all went to Canada, Ontario ahead of me to start school. That was a split second decision and a total dive into the oblivion. Every day is getting more worriesome - I'm not sure if I will be declined on the basis of the echo. I know I don't have HIV, hepatitis, a normal CXR). I originally opted for TWP because I thought it would be quicker ha ha ha!

Thank you by the way, this is an AMAZING forum!!!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Clearpupil, hang in there. I'm sorry everyone as it has been a very crazy 2 weeks.

I was going out of my mind waiting for a response from the London office after they received my medical results on 01.08.2012 and the clinic had phone to tell me all was fine :-)
I couldn't wait anymore ant I sent then an email twice and they eventually sent the email confirmations for the whole family at 5am on 21.08.2012. The wait was unbearable as we had to make plans anyway as our kids resume school in early September 2012.
We all flew over on 26.08.2012 after miraculously securing plane tickets!
We are now in Vancouver BC!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Clearpupil is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great Ajuju! Congratulations!:thu mbsup:
Are you going to apply for permanent reisdence or what is your plan now?
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Definitely! Considering PNP route. Not sure how PNP works but will start to explore it. Still finding my feet here in Vancouver.

Hang it there Clearpupil. Your medical result don't seem too bad. No doubt you'll be cleared in the end. :-)
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

*hang in there!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant future

I am still waiting my TWP and its been just over 3 months now. It's taking a lot longer than 2 years ago when I had one. I needed a medical too as I'm a paramedic which can add 6 weeks to the process. Ive contacted the Embassy and was told its with the immigration officer so this week I'm hoping. Good luck.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

cllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nice

How are you finding it over there, Ajuju?

We are expecting to be over in November and people either say its fantastic or totally miserable and boring! I myself think it'll be one hell of an adventure. So many outdoors things to do - and that must be great for you having kids too
Old Sep 4th 2012, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Hi cllb2,
Vancouver is beautiful! It's very sunny and the sky is very clear right now. It's not raining and the views of the mountains are simply spectacular. We have not done much sight seeing as we are still getting things done and preparing our kids for school. There is a very relaxed feel to things and less of the mad rush you have in the UK. I agree with you that it's like a great adventure! You must connect with us when you come over in November.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Hi Bunn family,
Looks like you'll get your TWP soon. If you have time constraints, might be a good idea to contact them again and explain your situation as the immigration officer may take a while to get to your file. Good luck!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

cllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ajuju
Hi cllb2,
Vancouver is beautiful! It's very sunny and the sky is very clear right now. It's not raining and the views of the mountains are simply spectacular. We have not done much sight seeing as we are still getting things done and preparing our kids for school. There is a very relaxed feel to things and less of the mad rush you have in the UK. I agree with you that it's like a great adventure! You must connect with us when you come over in November.
Sure! Definitely worth swapping stories!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

nihatbhuiyan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,I think there must be delay in TWPs at the moment, I had my Medical 16th July and even though I know it was fine I am also still awaiting to hear the final decision. I have e mailed twice and I have been told it is under final review, that was two weeks ago
Old Sep 6th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Bunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant futureBunn family has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Timescales for TWP?

Originally Posted by Ajuju
Hi Bunn family,
Looks like you'll get your TWP soon. If you have time constraints, might be a good idea to contact them again and explain your situation as the immigration officer may take a while to get to your file. Good luck!

Hi Ajuju, the wait is agony as I wanted my 2 children to start school at the beginning of term but its looking like they will miss the first week or two. I have emailed again and still waiting a response. Gutted as there was some super deals on flights this weekend. Your email confirmation arrived at 5am so it came from Canada and not London?

Enjoy your new life.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bunn family,
It must be terrible just waiting for final confirmation. They will probably send an email confirmation soon. It's a pity your children may miss the start of school. The schools in Canada are usually very understanding and they prioritise children's needs so I'm sure they will be ok.
In the email we sent to CIC, we stressed that we had made travel plans and the children would miss the start of school and that it was longer than 2 weeks since the medical. We did made travel plans but I guess we were lucky that we did not have to rebook our flights.
Yes, the email confirmation came at 5 am, 5.05 am exactly, UK time which suggest that it came from Canada and not London. You are probably checking your emails every second! I did the same which nearly drove me mad!
Life in Vancouver is fascinating. We are enjoying a great summer still and the kids are beginning to enjoy school which is great.
Canada is waiting for your family so come soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.