Timelines for London -AOR Feb 04

Old Mar 19th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timelines for London -AOR Feb 04

Hi guys

After reading through the recent thread re. timelines for CHC London, it seems that quite a few folks who had AOR Jan 04 have already had medical requests, etc.
Has anyone with AOR Feb 04 heard anything yet??

TrishB
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Timelines for London -AOR Feb 04

Originally Posted by TrishB
Hi guys

After reading through the recent thread re. timelines for CHC London, it seems that quite a few folks who had AOR Jan 04 have already had medical requests, etc.

TrishB
The short answer: NO
The not so short wingey answer: No - still living in limbo land. I go through rotating days wondering if the problems Royal Mail, if the problem is CIC London, if there is no problem etc. Some days I'm enthusiastically checking the real estate boards in BC and NB and thinking about the jobs that need doing before we sell up in the UK, other days I think what's the point in doing anything as it could be ages and often it feels like we're never gonna get there etc. We've still go to pass medicals yet.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Hi guys

TrishB
Hey guys,
I think they do things in batches, I didn't hear anything until really a month after my year anniversary from AOR. So hang in there it's just around the corner.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Hi guys

TrishB
I had AOR in June 03 and request for meds was in August 04. So it should be around 13-14 months.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:13 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h_henry
The not so short wingey answer: No - still living in limbo land. I go through rotating days wondering if the problems Royal Mail, if the problem is CIC London, if there is no problem etc. other days I think what's the point in doing anything as it could be ages and often it feels like we're never gonna get there etc. We've still go to pass medicals yet.

We are exactly the same, life is an endless loop of mailbox checking, thinking, wondering, waiting, hoping, some days up; others down, life on hold and everything still revolving around the big long sleep. Har !!

One day this un-life will end. Til then, teeth ground, job hung in, cars not replaced, holidays not taken, plans made, unmade, changed and replanned. Budgets reviewed, revised, updated. MLS checked, rechecked and checked.

The loop goes on, like Groundhog Day all over.

Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:01 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Several people have been told at the Emigrate show that the CHC is currently working on November 2003 applications, and this presumably means they applied in Nov 03, as opposed to AOR date.

This actually ties in with those Jan AOR ppl who have heard already; if you look back at their timelines it seems that ppl who have been contacted recently, with jan AOR's, did apply in Oct/Nov.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:05 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Several people have been told at the Emigrate show that the CHC is currently working on November 2003 applications, and this presumably means they applied in Nov 03, as opposed to AOR date.

This actually ties in with those Jan AOR ppl who have heard already; if you look back at their timelines it seems that ppl who have been contacted recently, with jan AOR's, did apply in Oct/Nov.
Sounds right, however we applied (sent papers off) in Nov 2003...so.........the long big sleep continues.

Grrrr !!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:10 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

See sifg for timeline.

If your pattern follows ours probably March will be your month. However following other peoples time-lines is only a very rough guide and in my experience some people take longer than others for no apparent reason. I have seen several people on here that had medicals after my wife and I and have already got PPR.

The lesson I have learned it to look at other peoples time-lines work out the average and don't expect anything to happen earlier than the average and don't panic if it takes longer. Allow at least 3 months longer than the average at any stage.

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Sounds right, however we applied (sent papers off) in Nov 2003...so.........the long big sleep continues.

Grrrr !!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

ross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant future

we applied oct 2003, got the AOR jan 2004 called for medicals feb 2005, so it does make a lot of sense that the `next batch` would be the people that applied in Nov 2003.

The drop in points in September 2003 would have triggered a big influx of extra applications to deal with so maybe this is slowing things up a bit??
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:22 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

It will most probably have triggered a big increase in applications, but it takes time for people to grasp that, get their papers together and send them off, (tho I spose there may be a few who had them all ready to go in case the points dropped? )

So I would not expect the main bulge to start much earlier than December 03. We are hoping anyway that ours went through before all the extra people got their act together and applied! :scared:
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys

TrishB
I submitted my forms in January 2004. My AOR was received February 04 and I still have heard nothing. I'm prepared for hearing nothing until the end of May and then I'll probably start to feel a little down in the dumps.

Stay focused!

W.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Way to go W. You are most definately on the right track buddy.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:10 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Ours were ready end of July 2003. Although we heard that the drop in points would apply to all including those that applied prior to September I felt that 6 weeks delay to ensure we were in that group was a wise move. As it was I estimated that I was above the points required prior to the drop but with the drop I could definitly garuntee I would have sufficient points.

Funny - when you know you have at least a 14 month wait ahead of you 6 weeks doesnt seem long, at the end of the process even another week to wait seems like forever.

Originally Posted by Morwenna
It will most probably have triggered a big increase in applications, but it takes time for people to grasp that, get their papers together and send them off, (tho I spose there may be a few who had them all ready to go in case the points dropped? )

So I would not expect the main bulge to start much earlier than December 03. We are hoping anyway that ours went through before all the extra people got their act together and applied! :scared: