Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Hey guys.

Thought I would give you guys an update.

Still waiting on my RCMP police check. nearly 3 months now! still no response to emails apart form that they have been forwarded to a supervisor.

Now starting to worry that CIC london might close my case.

I have been sending CIC london emails once every month saying that I am still waiting on results but have had no reply from them either

Nearly 8 months now since I have been of work and 7 months since I first sent of my application. getting frustrated!!
Thats insane..... I feel for you. I was on enforced leave from work for 2 months whilst I waited for my PR and that drove me crazy so I can only imagine what you are going through...

I was under the impression that police checks done via digital processing was an automated process that took 72 hours. Maybe the results went missing in the post or something... Have you tired the commissionaires to see if they can follow up for you? Because as you have stated I can't imagine you can get any information out of the RCMP.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592

I was under the impression that police checks done via digital processing was an automated process that took 72 hours. Maybe the results went missing in the post or something... Have you tired the commissionaires to see if they can follow up for you? Because as you have stated I can't imagine you can get any information out of the RCMP.

I was under that impression to! Commissionaires say they cant do anything and to contact RCMP.

RCMP say that they received my application on Jan 28th and it is being processed but cant offer any information on how long that will take.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleo
I reckon the waiting is their way of initiation!!!!
lol - making sure you REALLY want it enough
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

I was under that impression to! Commissionaires say they cant do anything and to contact RCMP.

RCMP say that they received my application on Jan 28th and it is being processed but cant offer any information on how long that will take.
That is awful for you! I know what it is like waiting and not being able to get information, but it is ridiculous that they can't give you an idea of the time it will take to process. Surely there is some sort of procedure they follow - which has a time frame?

I hope you get some information or news soon. Could you not get your MP involved? It is bad enough waiting for so long, but when you can't work either, it is even worse!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
lol - making sure you REALLY want it enough
Oh yes - definitely need time just in case we change our minds!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:40 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

That's so ridiculous! I just don't understand the waiting times - I'm obsessed with trying to find a pattern in the processing, but there just isn't one.

I really feel for you - I'd have been going loopy by now. I already am going loopy, and it's been a month and a bit since my application & meds were received by London. I have these visions of my wonderfully organised file being at the bottom of a pile of papers or rammed in someone's desk drawer

Not dealing with the waiting awfully well
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
That's so ridiculous! I just don't understand the waiting times - I'm obsessed with trying to find a pattern in the processing, but there just isn't one.

I really feel for you - I'd have been going loopy by now. I already am going loopy, and it's been a month and a bit since my application & meds were received by London. I have these visions of my wonderfully organised file being at the bottom of a pile of papers or rammed in someone's desk drawer

Not dealing with the waiting awfully well
Tomhoney os waiting for the RCMP, not CIC London - I think he would be prefering to wait for CIC London, because at least they have a time frame of 8 months max!!

As for london processing applications - mine was received in london on 9th december and they only started to process it on 24th february. Once they actually pick it up to look at it, the process seems to be fairly quick as long as all in is order.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When can I pay the RPRF?

Hi Folks,

My paperwork (spousal sponsorship outland) has been with the London Office for 5 weeks so far and it still says "Received with medicals" and not "In Process" yet. I have a few questions......

1. Could the fact that I didnĀ“t pay the RPRF at the beginning be holding it up?
2. Do I have to wait to be requested to pay the RPRF or could I pay it now?
3. Does the PPR normally come after the RPRF has been paid or the other way round?
4. Will not paying the RPRF in the beginning hold up my application?

Thanks for any advice
Old Apr 21st 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: When can I pay the RPRF?

Originally Posted by chicadeb
Hi Folks,

My paperwork (spousal sponsorship outland) has been with the London Office for 5 weeks so far and it still says "Received with medicals" and not "In Process" yet. I have a few questions......

1. Could the fact that I didnĀ“t pay the RPRF at the beginning be holding it up?
2. Do I have to wait to be requested to pay the RPRF or could I pay it now?
3. Does the PPR normally come after the RPRF has been paid or the other way round?
4. Will not paying the RPRF in the beginning hold up my application?

Thanks for any advice
Look at my message above - it is not unusual for london not to process applications for a few months.

1/I didn't pay the RPRF fee up front - don't know why, they started processing my application on 24th feb and asked for the fee straight away. You pay it and then send the receipt off to Mississauga and a copy to London. Mississauga then write to london to say they have received it.

2/ I sent a case specific email re paying this before they asked, but they never replied. However, when they requested it, they gave me a file number to use. I would be wary of paying it now, as there is a risk it could go astray and not be matched up - but your choice. I decided not to risk it, because if anything goes astray, you can't speak to anyone about it.

3/They ask for the fee first and will only issue PPR once it has been processed by Mississauga

4/Generally holds up the application by a few weeks or so I think.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 7:34 am
Just Joined

glasvegas77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife have also just received a request to pay the RPRF and I am looking for some advice on where we post the receipt to? We have sent a copy to the London address on the email but there was also mention of posting to Mississauga!? If we do, how do we reference the receipt? There is a file number for the London office but I'm guessing this would not also be relevant for Mississauga. Anyone with experience of this and can help me I will be very grateful.

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by glasvegas77
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife have also just received a request to pay the RPRF and I am looking for some advice on where we post the receipt to? We have sent a copy to the London address on the email but there was also mention of posting to Mississauga!? If we do, how do we reference the receipt? There is a file number for the London office but I'm guessing this would not also be relevant for Mississauga. Anyone with experience of this and can help me I will be very grateful.

Thanks
I sent mine to mississauga with a cover letter quoting all the ref numbers in had. The receipt for mississauga is the important bit as they inform London that you have paid.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:23 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys,

Ok so not a huge issue but an issue nonetheless, just wanted to ask...

Because the waiting was driving me nuts, I checked our copy of the application just to see which email addresses we put down to contact re. PPR (yep I know, quite obsessive...not really helping myself checking forums/ecas/application 17 times a day!)
Despite the fact we checked our application at least 20 times, had other people check etc etc, there is a huge gaping error in that my email address is spelt wrong (not pointing the finger at my OH, but it is in his handwriting ) and I presume they'd be contacting me and not my OH re. my PPR as I'm the one applying for it?

So is it worth sending a case specific email to the London office just to update the contact info they have? Would this hurt? I'm just worried they could send emails to the wrong address and I'd never know...

Probably being unnecessarily daft - but all logic has gone out of the window since Feb 9th!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:07 am
Just Joined

glasvegas77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joolschweetie,

I don't know how much help I can be regarding the email address mistake but I was contacted direct to my email regarding the payment of the RPRF. As far as I am aware this is the only method they used to get in touch with me so I would say it's worth a case specific email.
More than anything I just wanted to share your frustrations regarding the whole process. We had been hoping to receive PPR notification any day to then have the request for a payment we had not made. Like yourself we triple checked everything and clicked into the 3 million pages of the web-site and still missed the info of this fee needing paid. Even worse is the chat about things being potentially held up for 2 months now!? Hopefully these timelines are not realistic and we will hear soon. This whole life on hold thing is no fun. Apologies for the rant.

I hope everything works out for you,

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Hi guys,

Ok so not a huge issue but an issue nonetheless, just wanted to ask...

Because the waiting was driving me nuts, I checked our copy of the application just to see which email addresses we put down to contact re. PPR (yep I know, quite obsessive...not really helping myself checking forums/ecas/application 17 times a day!)
Despite the fact we checked our application at least 20 times, had other people check etc etc, there is a huge gaping error in that my email address is spelt wrong (not pointing the finger at my OH, but it is in his handwriting ) and I presume they'd be contacting me and not my OH re. my PPR as I'm the one applying for it?

So is it worth sending a case specific email to the London office just to update the contact info they have? Would this hurt? I'm just worried they could send emails to the wrong address and I'd never know...

Probably being unnecessarily daft - but all logic has gone out of the window since Feb 9th!
Hi

They contacted me by mail for my RPRF, but emailed for my PPR. I definitely would send a case specific email to them, especially if the email address they have might go through to someone else - if it gets returned undeliverable then they would write to you, I am sure. If it was me - I would email them just to be safe!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Josephliam is on a distinguished road

Hey Caleo

I got my request the same day. Have you got a tracking number from London yet? What day did you send your passport and where from?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.