Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:23 am
Just Joined

florrie2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks - just panicking slightly! What was I thinking not sending recorded - nor did I photocopy entire contents! I am a moron!! Can't stress about it yet- appreciate your responses...
Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Helen_Johns is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy
Hey!

This goes out to you and Helen_Johns - as I know we all have very similar timelines.

I got my PPR via email this afternoon! Of course e-CAS hasn't updated.

Wishing you all well.
Many congratulations BlackIceBoy and thanks for letting us know! I hope the rest of the transition process is easy for you
Old Apr 16th 2011, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

BlackIceBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen_Johns
Many congratulations BlackIceBoy and thanks for letting us know! I hope the rest of the transition process is easy for you
Thank you - you're welcome.

You've got to hear something soon!
Old Apr 17th 2011, 2:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florrie2011
Thanks - just panicking slightly! What was I thinking not sending recorded - nor did I photocopy entire contents! I am a moron!! Can't stress about it yet- appreciate your responses...
Yes Florrie, you were a complete and utter moron...but...So was I!! I couldn't believe that I didn't send mine via a courier, like so many on here do so that I has a proof of receipt. I did send mine recorded, but at the time I sent it I would have given it to the nearest person passing, I was sooo desperate to send it somewhere! Mine took 39 days till I got a letter back, so I wouldn't start having a panic for a bit. Give it a bit longer.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:42 am
Just Joined

fasea will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by florrie2011
Hi,

If it helps we sent off our application on the 21st March, next day Fedex - so we know it got delivered .(signed for my someone called Jane apparently) Probably a bit later than yours, but only a few days I imagine.

Anyway we havent heard a thing either. So I think its quite normal to get nothing until they actually process the forms.

Cheers

Andy
Old Apr 17th 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Im needing a bit of a cheer up... we had an email, but not the one we wanted

They need more info. info I dont really understand for sure what to give them! (I made a thread about it if anyone thinks they can help me out!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713489

We are going to try anyways (of course!) and get it all asap. but My hubby has been apart from me and the baby for over a month now which stinks
so feeling pretty low at the moment.

Valentina
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MillieF
Yes Florrie, you were a complete and utter moron...but...So was I!! I couldn't believe that I didn't send mine via a courier, like so many on here do so that I has a proof of receipt. I did send mine recorded, but at the time I sent it I would have given it to the nearest person passing, I was sooo desperate to send it somewhere! Mine took 39 days till I got a letter back, so I wouldn't start having a panic for a bit. Give it a bit longer.
OK - I'll give it a couple of more weeks then let the real panic set in!

Thanks for the reply though makes me feel slightly better!
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

BlackIceBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

b
Originally Posted by VW092906
Im needing a bit of a cheer up... we had an email, but not the one we wanted

They need more info. info I dont really understand for sure what to give them! (I made a thread about it if anyone thinks they can help me out!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713489

We are going to try anyways (of course!) and get it all asap. but My hubby has been apart from me and the baby for over a month now which stinks
so feeling pretty low at the moment.

Valentina
Boo! That's sad news!!

I hope someone can come up with some good advice for you.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:33 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fasea
Hi,

If it helps we sent off our application on the 21st March, next day Fedex - so we know it got delivered .(signed for my someone called Jane apparently) Probably a bit later than yours, but only a few days I imagine.

Anyway we havent heard a thing either. So I think its quite normal to get nothing until they actually process the forms.

Cheers

Andy

Hi there,

According to the CIC website, as of Wed 13th April they were processing applications recieved on March 11th, so it's my guess that you've probably got around at least another 10-14 days before you hear anything.

My application was recieved March 30th so Im working on mid-May before I expect to hear anything.

I think patience is most definitely the name of this game!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fasea
Hi,

Cheers

Andy
Thanks this is good to know - will wait a couple of more weeks...
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Atlantis_Orca is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry i'm posting the same thing every time. But as time goes on and on i am going out of my mind seeing as things in e-cas are the exact same.

Application received 24th of Feb. It's' been like that for almost 2 months now and the only thing that has changed is that my mailing address is now there for when i log in.

I'd like to think that is good that my address is on there and that they may be sending me a letter soon or something (please be good news,please be good news). But other than that my status hasn't changed and....dam do i hate this.

I just want an honest answer on how things are going and if it is in process.I have heard that e-cas isn't the most up to date and who knows my application could of been in process a while i ago but i really don't know that and with
e-cas being the closest thing to an answer that's what i'm going to go by.I have been thinking about calling the London Immigration and see if i could possibly get a little more info but not to sure if they'd tell me anything.

Guess i'll just have to try and be patient still and try not to worry.

All the best and goodluck to everyone who's waiting still and congrtaz to everyone who has got there PR!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:36 am
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Hi Atlantis_Orca,

First of all calm down. Your application is likely sitting in a pile waiting for it's turn to be processed. If it's a straight forward application it will likely be processed the same day or next day. Give it at least 3 months in London before you start to panick as it seems there are more applications waiting at the moment.

My application was received in London on 22-Dec-2010. It didn't start processing until 9-Mar-2011. They finished processing it within one day of starting and we got our passport request on 10-Mar-2011.

My application was processed in one day, and I didn't think it was a straight forward application. London obviously thought it was. So there is no need to worry.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantis_Orca
I'm sorry i'm posting the same thing every time. But as time goes on and on i am going out of my mind seeing as things in e-cas are the exact same.

Application received 24th of Feb. It's' been like that for almost 2 months now and the only thing that has changed is that my mailing address is now there for when i log in.

I'd like to think that is good that my address is on there and that they may be sending me a letter soon or something (please be good news,please be good news). But other than that my status hasn't changed and....dam do i hate this.

I just want an honest answer on how things are going and if it is in process.I have heard that e-cas isn't the most up to date and who knows my application could of been in process a while i ago but i really don't know that and with
e-cas being the closest thing to an answer that's what i'm going to go by.I have been thinking about calling the London Immigration and see if i could possibly get a little more info but not to sure if they'd tell me anything.

Guess i'll just have to try and be patient still and try not to worry.

All the best and goodluck to everyone who's waiting still and congrtaz to everyone who has got there PR!
I reckon the waiting is their way of initiation!!!!

My file was received in London on Dec 9th, and they only started processing it on the 24th feb so if yours is same timelines as my processing, they should be looking at it any day now - I know that mine was very slow for some reaso, as it was frustrating watching activity on others that were received in london after mine!

Hope you hear something soon - if it is straightforward, should not take them too long to process it!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheapest way to send Passport to London?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know which postal company is the cheapest to use for an express service from Toronto to London (to send passport)? I´m hoping that my PPR will come through in the next few weeks so I want to be ready and prepared for when this happens! I tried to do some comparisons on the internet with Canada Post and UPS but the prices didn´t seem realistic so thought it might be easier to ask people who have already done it!

Also, should I pay for a pre-paid return or just enclose an envelope with my Toronto address on? Did anyone pay for and enclose a pre-paid envelope only to find that the London Office didn´t use it?

CHEERS FOR ANY ADVICE.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.

Thought I would give you guys an update.

Still waiting on my RCMP police check. nearly 3 months now! still no response to emails apart form that they have been forwarded to a supervisor.

Now starting to worry that CIC london might close my case.

I have been sending CIC london emails once every month saying that I am still waiting on results but have had no reply from them either

Nearly 8 months now since I have been of work and 7 months since I first sent of my application. getting frustrated!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.